• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Vibration fix? Help. *picture*

So i dropped my phone a while back and ever since then the vibration doesn't work, and i can hear the thing wiggle back and forth in my phone, so i decided to take it apart, and it fell out, i tried putting it back in, sliding it in, it just doesn't stay there. How does it stay in there? And am i able to use the same one? Or is it broken? I need all the help i can get...

Here's a picture of the place where it goes, and the actual motor..

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q143/panzertank/GEDC0004-1.jpg

the soldering broke... You can try soldering it back on... But you should stopped while you were ahead and got a replacement from VM... But now that it is already apart and the warranty voided either you can try soldering it back on, or just put it back together and leave it.

If you try to solder it back on BE CAREFUL. The camera as well as some fuses are right near where it needs to be soldered. It appears that there are 4 contacts 2 on each side as well as 2 on each side in the back of the motor. Also take your time and use helping hands if you have them.

From the looks of it, it actually doesn't look too bad. Just a quick heat up of the solder should work, but no guarantee.

Edit: Also blur/ black out your MSN and MEID...

the soldering broke... You can try soldering it back on... But you should stopped while you were ahead and got a replacement from VM... But now that it is already apart and the warranty voided either you can try soldering it back on, or just put it back together and leave it.

If you try to solder it back on BE CAREFUL. The camera as well as some fuses are right near where it needs to be soldered. It appears that there are 4 contacts 2 on each side as well as 2 on each side in the back of the motor. Also take your time and use helping hands if you have them.

From the looks of it, it actually doesn't look too bad. Just a quick heat up of the solder should work, but no guarantee.

Edit: Also blur/ black out your MSN and MEID...

Well i tried sliding it in and turning my phone on and doing something that makes the vibration go on and nothing happened, is this because it's not soldered? I bought my phone on ebay so warrenty wasn't really an option.. if i call VM and tell them my phone got messed up can i get one cheaper?

VM has a warranty on ALL phones no matter where it was bought. You can't get a cheaper one from VM... You could either get a cheap one from ebay or craigslist, solder the motor back on yourself, or find a repair shop.

VM has a warranty on ALL phones no matter where it was bought. You can't get a cheaper one from VM... You could either get a cheap one from ebay or craigslist, solder the motor back on yourself, or find a repair shop.

Okay thanks a lot. I greatly appreciate it. I will try and solder it, my grandpa is good at that kind of stuff. If it doesn't work, i can live without the vibration i suppose.. I don't have the money to buy a new phone. One more question, does the motor have to be soldered for the vibrator to work? Or is that just to hold it in place? Because i held it in place and tried to make it vibrate, but nothing happened... thanks

Okay thanks a lot. I greatly appreciate it. I will try and solder it, my grandpa is good at that kind of stuff. If it doesn't work, i can live without the vibration i suppose.. I don't have the money to buy a new phone. One more question, does the motor have to be soldered for the vibrator to work? Or is that just to hold it in place? Because i held it in place and tried to make it vibrate, but nothing happened... thanks

Well the thing with solder is it needs to make a connection. It appears that there are 4 contact points (or just 2 in the back and 2 on the side to hold it) which means if you don't hold it together just right it won't work. Just try it, if it doesn't work then it's something your gonna have to live without for now at least. And I know it's annoying having no vibration as my motor went out on my MT4GS which means no vibrations for incoming text/ calls and no haptic feedback. It sucks. Luckily though I doubt the motor is fried in your case so if it gets soldered on right it should work fine.

Well the thing with solder is it needs to make a connection. It appears that there are 4 contact points (or just 2 in the back and 2 on the side to hold it) which means if you don't hold it together just right it won't work. Just try it, if it doesn't work then it's something your gonna have to live without for now at least. And I know it's annoying having no vibration as my motor went out on my MT4GS which means no vibrations for incoming text/ calls and no haptic feedback. It sucks. Luckily though I doubt the motor is fried in your case so if it gets soldered on right it should work fine.

Alright, that makes sense. Sorry to bug again but, does it need to be soldered in a super specific location or is it just fine along where the old solders are? Like, does it have to be perfect? or as long as it get soldered it should be fine?

Alright, that makes sense. Sorry to bug again but, does it need to be soldered in a super specific location or is it just fine along where the old solders are? Like, does it have to be perfect? or as long as it get soldered it should be fine?

as long as it gets soldered to close to the original location and none of the solder joints are touching each other it should be fine.

Back
Top Bottom