• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Video calls?

NickDroid86

Android Enthusiast
I can't get tango or qik to work. Fring uses rear camera and shows horrible quality. Any ideas what I can use or whatever?

I rooted with z4root, Issue now is I have to install a recovery, and to do that it looks like its telling me to reboot into a recovery and install it? lol, I know I'm polish...but I think that's confusing. Lastly when I plug the phone into the pc it says unknown, and doesn't install the driver, also for some reason it boots me off the internet.

wait wait wait i just read your post and now i get what your saying lol.
honestly idk cuz ive never used z4 root.
id try sw updater even though you said your computer doesnt recognize it, mines the same way but the program is still able to read it.

"download and flash above recovery.rfs /place it in /sdcard/sdx/updates
boot to recovery
Backup restore flash > flash recovery
reboot system"

How do I flash if i dont have a recovery to flash with? and my pc doesnt recognize the phone.

good question about the recovery thing, like i said, idk how z4 root works.
but entertain me and download sw update, install, reboot computer, open the program and plug your phone in. if it says "com5connected" or com6connected or anything like that on the bottom right than it will work.

Seems like the proximity sensor isnt working, idk what else.

It's not recognizing, saying disconnected. Am I suppose to wait for it to finish the screen where it says downloading do not turn off target before it'll say anything? because it's not moving.

the video isn't helpful because the recovery replacement isn't the same name and it seems like it was all changed and swapped and jumbled(the directions and programs we are suppose to use. I have no idea whats up to date or anything lol.

No it stays on that screen, guess its not gonna work for u :(
Only thing left that you could do is this:Manually root phone.

ive read before somewhere on sdx that z4 doesn't work, just thought id through that out there. ill look for the thread right now.
-Found it: http://forum.sdx-developers.com/transform-general-discussion/root-with-z4root/msg146955/#msg146955
"I used super one click root and z4root both only installed superuser app but did not root. I agree, Vamp's is easy and better. Plus with swupgrade you can flash different roms and kernel.
"

--have you installed the samsung drivers to your computer yet?
if not than here they are:http://www.samsung.com/us/support/downloads/SPH-M920ZKASPR
try and instal and than run sw again. maybe even uninstall and reinstall sw and it might work with the drivers.

almost had the drivers installed from the phone itself but it keeps booking internet before they can finish, I'll use your link and get them manually.

yeah... installed the drivers.. which seemed very shady and go figure it still didn't recognize anything. I give up this is like the most shotty way of rooting a phone lol.

lol, its not shotty its just the stupid phone that has problems connecting to certain computers( dont ask me which computers cuz theres no explanation lol).
some ppl have gotten it to work by trying diff usb ports.

Back
Top Bottom