• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Video Chat for the TB

daNutz

Is anyone doing any video chat with there TB? if so what app are you using? what's the quality? any issues?

I've tried tango, and it's really buggy. Don't know if its the person I was connecting to or my phone. Video was more like still pictures here and there and voice communication was going in and out.

I installed Qik but it doesn't seem to have a video chat function anymore?

Not using anything until Skype comes out. Tango causes too much battery drain and I haven't really heard anything positive about Qik.

I agree with EKG.

I tried Tango and it was pretty awful. I'm going to wait for Skype to come out.

The Qik app for the Evo has video functionality. The Qik app in the market does not.

I can't get yahoo messenger to work from phone to computer running Mac OSX. I't works from phone to the windows version, but not Mac. The video chat button is greyed out when I try to chat with someone on yahoo using Mac.

I have had some success (even with VC to an iphone) with Fring..
Don't use the one on the market.. use the one I got from Fring Support it has support for both front and back cameras. If your version doesn't you don't have this one...(see link):

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Hello,

We've developed a better version that supports that Streak (Dell Mini 5!), Moto Atrix and the Thunderbolt.
The APK file for your handset can be found in this link:
http://reg.fring.com/app/versions/Fring2459.apk

Note that this is a beta version, we are still working on improving it and modifying it according to your feedback.

Thank you,
Sagi
fring Support
[/FONT]

I'm one of the few who doesn't seem to have any problems with tango.
Just checked the market and there is an update to tango. I'm curious to see if the update has fixed anything for those who are having problems.

Fwiw, all my tango calls are from my TB on 4g to iPod touch on wifi.

Used this file to talk with a coworker on a dell streak and to my wife on her iphone. It's a little laggy but worked fairly well with both.

I have had some success (even with VC to an iphone) with Fring..
Don't use the one on the market.. use the one I got from Fring Support it has support for both front and back cameras. If your version doesn't you don't have this one...(see link):

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Hello,

We've developed a better version that supports that Streak (Dell Mini 5!), Moto Atrix and the Thunderbolt.
The APK file for your handset can be found in this link:
http://reg.fring.com/app/versions/Fring2459.apk

Note that this is a beta version, we are still working on improving it and modifying it according to your feedback.

Thank you,
Sagi
fring Support
[/FONT]

Skype is by far the best. Way better than tango. Download the apk and you won't be disappointed.

Back
Top Bottom