• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Video Chat to Computer?

eireir

Lurker
So I just got the new Sidekick 4G and I love it!!! But I want to be able to talk to my friends on a computer (PC) who dont have phones that video chat. I have tried Yahoo Messager but with the Sidekick 4G it doesn't use the front camera it only uses the back camera and I don't know how to change it. So does anyone know a fix to this or that there are any apps that can do phone to computer (PC) that will work with the Sidekick 4G's front camera? Also I have tried skype but it wont work at all on my phone. Please help. Thanks. :)

Have you tried oovoo. I haven't tried it on my Sidekick 4g but i remember i tried it on my Mytouch 4g and it worked decently enough with the FFC and rear cam

Apparently when installing OOVOO, there is an option to uncheck so the toolbar bloat will not install. is there other bloat that it tries to install, as well?

I installed oovoo on my computer and I didn't seem to get any bloatware. Like ncmacasi said, just uncheck the option to install the toolbar and there should be no other bloatware. Now, as for whether this works or not. It does not. It still lacks support for the front camera on the sidekick 4G. Hopefully someone gets to this as I've tried yahoo messenger as well, and neither work. :\ Shame really. I would love to video chat with my friends.

Back
Top Bottom