• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Video in pic dir

GoNavy

Feb 26, 2012
OK here is my current ...I don't understand this thing...problem. Probably my fault, cause I'm doing stuff I ain't suppose to do...lol...so bare with me, this is gonna be a bit long winded, so here we go..when I got the phone I pulled out the 2g sd card and used the one from my last phone, since it had all the info and pic/video on it. Old phone was a moto krzr. Everything shows up ok, in my galleery. I ended up with four subfolders camera, JPG, pictures and video. all my old pictures ended up in pictures as it should, I had separate directory for JPG on my old phone with just my contacts pics in it, and videos from my old phone also showed up ok and play. Here is the problem...any new pics I take end up in the camera subfolders, I assume because Android defaults to it's own directory, but it puts every thing in this directory both pics and video's. How do I get it to default to my other directories I already have set up. I want the video's to goto video's and pictures to pictures, and just get rid of the camera folder all together. I have searched high and low for a way to move these and set default save location, can't find it any where. Got Astro file manager, can't figure how it's works and even if I did, it doesn't solve my default save location.

My guess is this is me trying to impose my windows OS physiology onto a Linux system again, is this one of them Linux does what Linux does things...lol

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones