• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Video stills from recorded video?

jb112

Hi all, I have a new Droid Turbo Ballistic 64g. I have some videos that I am trying to save some action shots from, and cannot figure out how to do this. Can anyone please tell me how to do it? I love this phone, but good lord they could have taken a cue from Samsung on this one...

I can't find a way either. I wonder if a 3rd party video app might offer this option (in its Settings) while playing the video?

I do not understand what you are trying to do. Move a video from one location to another? Control the Camera app?

I just tried the video option in the Camera app (for the first time), It is saved in /DCIM/Camera.

The Turbo does not come with a File Manager and it is needed to movew files. I recommend ...

X-plore File Manager – manipulate device and cloud folders and files - user interface takes some getting used to
ES File Explorer File Manager – manipulate device and cloud folders and files – do n ot use in cloud it shares cloud usernams and passwords with home facility

... Thom

Start playing the movie, pause when you want an action shot, and use the power+vol down key combination to capture a screenshot.

Better - copy the file to a computer and use a good video processing tool (like iMovie on the Mac, I don't know about Windows) to grab still images.

Or if you really want to do it in the phone, try an app like VidTrim in the play store.

I'm not sure if there are native tools to do this, as I never capture video on my phone, but it didn't take long to find the app VidTrim. Good luck whichever way you go.

Back
Top Bottom