• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help View as External Drive

komobu

Hi;

I am really having a tough time for something that should be really simple. I would really be grateful for any advice.

When I plug the usb cord into my desktop, I get a popup window asking me if I want to transfer files using windows media player. I sure this is probably a great system for those that like windows media player. All I want it is to see the a500 just like any other portable hard drive or thumb drive. Then tell me where to put my mp3s so that I can play them. I dont want to use cloud or any wireless way to transfer files if I dont have to. I just want something simple like an external device.

As it is now, I hit cancel on the "transfer files using windows media player" thing. Then I go to "My Computer" and there is no external device there.

Is there a software program that will allow me to view my a500 as an external device?

Please dont just send me to the acer site without a link. There site is very difficult to navigate because they dont clearly articulate what there drivers are for. I tryed down loading their USB driver, but it is not clear if it is for the desktop pc or the a500. Also when I started to install the usb driver, it told me I must have windows media 11 installed first. Why do I need windows media 11 if I dont use it?

Thanks for any help on this issue.

You have to go to the Acer site and download the driver for reading your tablet files. Make sure you have the updates to the 3.2 version. If you aren't fully up to date you won't be able to see all the files on the tablet. You could just use a thumb drive in the USB port to add your music files. Make sure you have a file explorer program from the market so you will be able to see the files on your tablet without the PC.

Back
Top Bottom