• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile] a better smoothness iphone?

mudflap2020

Android Enthusiast
What makes phones like the iphone nexus phones and galaxy s2 which some have less powerful hardware than this phone run like butter, the iphone touch responsiveness and smoothness is beautiful the status bar scroling animation on gs2 is super smooth but on this phone you can see the frames but it is responsive I have disabled.v sync enabled hardware acceleration and tried.almost every possibility but theres no butter.feeling. its definitly responsive and fast and useable.but not.iphone how can a more smooth General performance in bar on top of phone and scroling throgh webpages be achieved I definitly.see the frames.even with my most.best settings btw.games are fine fast and fluid

Mine is smooth as silk. Maybe you got a faulty one. My pulldown snaps down like its on a slingshot. No frames.

Sounds like his setup might need tweaked. Maybe a dirty flash, or kernel settings are borked.

Could you give us a little more info Mud so these good folks can help you troubleshoot? :)

PS: Did a little thread cleaning, lets try and help fix the issue. ;)

There are two possibilities, either:

1) Mud has really borked his system in his well documented quest to squeeze every ounce of performance out of his phone by installing/flashing/tweaking everything he can get his hands on. If this is the case, restoring stock and following the instructions to flash victorious would give him the experience the rest of us have been enjoying.

2) He is not satisfied with the Victory experience.

PS: Did a little thread cleaning, lets try and help fix the issue. ;)

Sorry about that Granite, I thought the OP was comparing phone performance and not looking for a solution. I feel as though my knuckles were just smacked by a yard stick ;).

Sometimes the best thing to do is read an entire thread or do a search for posts that mention the same issue. I have screwed up myself because I didn't read instructions completely, it happens.

If the problem persists, I suggest using a program like Titanium Backup and start freezing some bloatware to see if it can be removed safely. Removing un-needed things running in the background will help free up resources and increase performance. But as stated before, VaeVictus kernel should help this phone run just about any game "budda" smooth.

Oh, and patience is a must too :rolleyes:

Yeah, I feel like the performance of the Victory is outstanding. It definitely required some tweaking, but after you remove Touchwiz and all the Samsung bloatware the phone is pretty snappy. I (like I see some other folks) for general use, set the kernel at 384-15xx Mhz and use the conservative governor. No GPU overclock for daily use either, and still very responsive. Even scrolling menus/lists and Chrome are generally lag-free.

As a comparison, the Victory is significantly more responsive and "smoother" than my 2012 Nexus 7 (3G). Sadly due to screen sizes I end up often browsing on the N7 anyways, and my Chrome experience in particular is often dodgy on the N7 where it would be fine on the Victory.

My victory beat the s3 in antutu.
aja9ypat.jpg
me2ega9y.jpg
jyheheha.jpg

And blew away the S4 in 3D performance.

Back
Top Bottom