• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile] [BACKUP][TWRP]Stock Touchwiz with MG5 Update[FIXED]

moonknightus

Android Enthusiast
This is a stock (odexed) TWRP Backup with the MG5 update pre-applied.
This is the same as the "pre-install" backup that I made for Release 2 of Conquest ROM.

Instructions
  • If you have never made a TWRP backup, make one now
  • Download backup here
  • DO NOT FLASH THIS FILE IN RECOVERY; THIS 7ZIP FILE IS NOT FLASHABLE
  • Extract backup to your SDCARD\TWRP\Backups\xxxxxxxx folder (where xxxxxxxx is the alphanumeric name auto-generated by TWRP)
  • Restore my backup

Note: This will NOT update your modems to the ones included in the MG5 release. Please do not restore this unless you have applied either the OTA update or JerryScript's no-props MG5 update at some time before.

This backup should have a System and Boot partition. There is no DATA partition. I will take a look at it again when I get a chance.

If you downloaded this, please do not use it. I will post a fixed version asap.

This downloaded as a .bin for me.

Renamed to 7z, extracted 3 files. Backed up cache in twrp. Deleted 3 cache backup files, but kept folders. Replaced 3 cache files with the 3 from moon's 7z. Booted into twrp, it saw the restore file, now running stock.

Confirmed working.

Edit: I hate stock. Flashing conquest NOW.

Updated OP with link to new/fixed backup which now contains the default stock DATA partition backup as well as the SYSTEM and BOOT partitions. Zipped instead of 7-zipped this time.

Back
Top Bottom