• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile] HELP! Computer cannot see phone, drivers are installed

rikracer

Lurker
Ok, so idiot me somehow deleted my rom and my computer cannot see the phone now. I have tried to unistall and reload drivers, but no go. I cannot seem to put a zip file on a sd card and run it from there. I was on victorious 3.1 and was tring to get rid of the stupid OTA updates and semi bricked my phone. I can get into TWRP, but I cannot get a zip file in there to flash. Any help would be a big help. I have gone through all the forum posts looking for help before posting, but would be glad to be directed to a post I may have missed.
Rick

Your PC will not see your phone without an operating system. You can put your SD card directly in your computer and transfer the zip to it. Then put it back in your phone and flash through twrp.
You have to have twrp check the sdcard for zips not check the phone.

everytime I put a zip file on my sd card, when I put it in the phone the file is not there anymore. I put it back inthe computer and the file is not there. I have no idea what I am doing wrong, but I copy the file, it shows it copying but it does not stay on the card. I have tried multiple cards, thanks for your help
Rick

After you copy a zip to your card, open the file to make sure it's there. Make sure all the files are in the zip.
Just putting it in your phone and booting twrp doesn't erase it. Maybe your card is bad. If its not a class 10, using the swap script in victorious for a long time can ruin it. Also what zip are you trying to install? Not victorious obviously because that would not work.

It was the card, thanks for all your help. This is one of the things I love about forums. There is always someone willing to help.
Rick

Back
Top Bottom