• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile] i'm having trouble overclocking..

seanfodonnell

I just recently went though the guide to root and flash and everything is great. The only thing is for some reson no matter what kernel i flash i cant get the values to stick with the "no-frills app both classic and new" and kernel turner. i checked them with cpu-z and shows the core 0 and core 1 neither go above the 1.2. it shows in the settings that the kernel stuck after the flash.

im not really sure what to do, thanks for the help

Try ROM toolbox. And make sure the kernel you flashed is capable of overclock. Your CPU will cycle up and down as demand calls for it.

im on victorious-0.3.1 and currently using 3.0.31-vaevictus. ive tried all the kernels on the fourm. on no frills its says sucess but the value stay 384,1.2..

i used twrp 2.3.4.0

If you use no frills you have to uninstall all other apps that control CPU clock speed. They're fighting each other most likely. You should only use one app for CPU control at a time

My current methodology is using Trickster Mod to set all the overclock settings. In theory I like ROM toolbox for the ability to change overclock profiles based on certain conditions, like if its plugged in, or if battery is low... but in practice I haven't ever had very good performance using it. I just turn on power save mode in my phone settings when I want to make sure my battery will last longer... ironically though, the power save mode will only clock the cpu down to the stock 1.2Ghz when running an overclocked kernel. But the power save mode for the screen does help a lot if I don't plan on doing any gaming on the phone.

I tried deleting all the cup apps and just using no frills. No luck. Then tried trickster mod no luck.

When you guys use no frills it says success and shows the new values. This isn't my first time I just don't get it

I tried deleting all the cup apps and just using no frills. No luck. Then tried trickster mod no luck.

When you guys use no frills it says success and shows the new values. This isn't my first time I just don't get it

I once had issues removing one OC app and getting others to work... you might not like my suggestion, but your best bet is probably to start from scratch, reflash rom and install apps fresh.

edit: just don't forget to make a nandoid backup, just in case.

Back
Top Bottom