• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile] Killed my phone trying to root

ky5000

Lurker
Hi everyone, please have mercy on this noob. :confused: I've only had my Victory for a week and was happy with it until I accidentally clicked to install the Virgin Mobile Essentials and it messed up everything I had set up. :mad: In a fit of rage I tried to root without fully researching and understanding what I was doing. The root was fine but while trying to flash Conquest something went wrong. My computer can't communicate with the phone, and the phone is stuck on the Samsung logo. When I start in reboot it says there is no OS. I wish I could better describe what I did wrong but I'm in over my head. Can anyone help me save my phone or is it gone? Thanks all. :o

Whoah, that doesn't sound good.:eek: I can't help, but for the folks that may be able, can you link to whatever guides you followed and do your best to let them know what steps you took and what specifically you did or attempted to do. That will go a long way towards someone being able to get your phone back up and running.

Thanks! I followed this guide first http://androidforums.com/virgin-mob...inmobile-guide-basic-wip-rooting-newbies.html and that went fine. Then after doing some searching I attempted this [ROM] Conquest [11.3/Cataclysm][Final] and after following step 7 Wipe System, Data, Cache, and Dalvik-cache I plugged my phone back in and that was when my computer couldn't recognize it so I couldn't move forward. I think I need to reinstall the firmware but I'm not sure how to do that without being able to see my phone on the computer. Sorry I can't be more descriptive on my own. Like I said, I should have gotten more familiar with the details before I attempted this but I'm hoping there's a way to recover, even if it puts me back to where I started. Any help is appreciated.

First off dont panic, your fine. Didn't You make a backup first in recovery before you wiped everything? Just restore. You dont plug into your computer after wiping, All flashing is done in rcovery. You were supposed to download the ROM onto your SD card on your phone, boot to rcovery, make backup, wipe everything except sdcard, and flash ROM. No computer needed. If you didnt backup and the ROM zip is on your computer, your still OK. put your sdcard in a card reader, put in computer, copy ROM zip to SD card, put SD back in phone, boot into recovery and flash ROM. Good as new. Let us know how it goes or if you need further help. 😁

Back
Top Bottom