• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile] looking for answers desperate please read!

mudflap2020

Android Enthusiast
Ok now im desperate to improve my phone performance with stock rom dkp kernel currently I want no comprimises I want my notification bar to be iphone smooth but no matter what it isnt I know android is wayy more heavier in ui elements and having other unnecessary procceses. Our phones are 32bit mini linux pcs in our hand.running low power arm chipsets I get it our phones arent made for speed.they are low power socs running a desktop os that usually have high end pc parts running it I get that. But why are our phones drastically slower.than iphones with slower hardware and lower clockspeeds and less gpu power? My current situation is that I have 4.3 knox yeah I did the ota update like an idiot as soon as I got the phone without going on the forums but theres nothing I can do to change that. Im unfamilair with ways I can mess up this phone becuase there are seeming less resources than the victory even with a smaller dev team and support. With the victory people gave me full system backups I could back up with twrp. I cant find twrp for vm gs3 . On victory there wasnt knox crap and we could flash release roms and older.versions of android and.be happy but thats besides the point. What I.need help with is this but im confused ' I want to make my phone faster but dont know what I can flash what roms or kernels. And something that gets me tripped is that on some roms you need cwm and.phils isnt reported to be able to flash these roms. My situation is like im in a forest hungry and in need of food to escape and not die, there are mushrooms but I dont know which.ones are poisonoius any and I mean any response and clarification is highly thanked im scared and I hope you guys can respond and help, thank you and.happy holidays

Oh and forgot to mention I installed trickster mod and pimp my rom to do anything in my power.to have smoothest phone possible. Its not slow by any means but disappointing considering what the hardware is capable of. I did almost all the tweaks which did miniscule effect in improving performace. I do wonder if flashing a new rom custom or reflashin stock would get rid of the tweaks considering I forgot to make a rescue pacage like an as but hopefully im not doomed.

also if your trying to get a smooth rom try the carbon rom or try cm10 they both are pretty smooth

Can you guys link any nice roms that are good to flash with philz touch recovery and knox, thanks for your support but I still don't get how you can flash a sprint or boost rom and expect mms and data and other important things not to get messed up or bork up your system completely. I only thought you can only flash carrier specific roms to get phone data and mms to work? I like any roms that are smooth you know like the iphone.

Im sorry my browser.wont let me edit that word can a mod please just edit that word out? Ohh and another question. I dont absolutely need to wipe data. Just cach and dalivic cache right? On my old victory you.just needed to wipe cache and dalivic for roms, not sure if it is the same on this phone.(random) our phone looks like gs3 international quad core, my friend pointed it out!

You made For vigin mobile gs3? Any I can flash with knox? You must be real lucky having that privlege of understanding your software and tweaking it to your desires, maybe you can answer to my first post to why android is significantly slower becuase it is linux and linix is an os that requires high specs to run smooth like windows ,even with 64 bit processors windows studders. The problem is simplifing those tasks and getting rid of unneed procceses which requires the comprimise of some features, but significantly speeds up existing features, this is what ios has done, they have an optimized os that is optimized for low clock speeds and small procceses, but the os is imcapable of mulitasking like android and lacks features for its speed and much so desired smoothness. Hopefully you havnt lost me and get what im expressing, have you any roms that make android faster and smoother with better application performance? Are you considering it now? Thanks for reading!! Any imput appreciated. Remember this is the greatest selling android phones out. So much dev support and questions is typical

Also no one discussed how flashing non carrier specific roms would impact things like data, messenging, and calls. They should be flashable, but data, mms, and calls wouldnt work, right, and are there possibilities of softbrick or hardbrick(talking about flashing boost mobile, sprint roms for galaxy s3, just boost and sprint gs3 roms ok).

Ohh how I miss ics notification bar, where the bar was a solid object and wasnt like a reveal bar in jb, im talking about how the.bar used to be like the iphone solid and moved as one, now its just a magicians tarp, hopefully a rom can fix this.

I guide people to developed roms, recoveries, kernels, and root methods, but I do not create those things. I understand how to utilize development and my specialty is Samsung phones but I am not a developer.

A Guide is also a member of Android Forums staff and is meant to give assistance, keep the peace, and maintain threads to keep them tidy.

A Guide isn't a developer but I appreciate the compliment. There are very talented developers here and we're happy to have them :D

how does one get a job like a moderator, guide or devoted dev emblem? Do you need to be a senior member first, I quess moderators are like guides as they to keep the peace and post every so often, how did you get your job the britton, and that sweet simba picture, did it come with the job! :-)(jk) on the victory forums the mods would post way more than on here, it's like there is no mod on this thread. How do you apply to become a guide or mod, dev is straitforward with the new rom making applications like something kitchen stone notes++ and other things are a good help, but it needs focus, time, patience, hard work, and mad number changing, value changing, \ fingers with dexterity, slight of hand

how does one get a job like a moderator, guide or devoted dev emblem? Do you need to be a senior member first, I quess moderators are like guides as they to keep the peace and post every so often, how did you get your job the britton, and that sweet simba picture, did it come with the job! :-)(jk) on the victory forums the mods would post way more than on here, it's like there is no mod on this thread. How do you apply to become a guide or mod, dev is straitforward with the new rom making applications like something kitchen stone notes++ and other things are a good help, but it needs focus, time, patience, hard work, and mad number changing, value changing, \ fingers with dexterity, slight of hand

Time, Helpfulness, Knowledge, Attitude is how you get different titles, except the Premium one, Premium title im pretty sure is only for ppl who donated

as for mods and guides, unless they changed it the mods and guides have almost the same abilities, But guides help the ppl directly while mods usually over see things and make sure the sites clean and organized

i was a guide for awhile but with work and such my attendance dropped to much so i opted to back out and allow someone here more often to take the spot

I guide people to developed roms, recoveries, kernels, and root methods, but I do not create those things. I understand how to utilize development and my specialty is Samsung phones but I am not a developer.

A Guide is also a member of Android Forums staff and is meant to give assistance, keep the peace, and maintain threads to keep them tidy.

A Guide isn't a developer but I appreciate the compliment. There are very talented developers here and we're happy to have them :D

and here i thought it was due to you making so many how to guides :D

Back
Top Bottom