• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile] Looking For Stock MG5 Modem to Flash

I had problems with mine too. I followed the directions in this post and it fixed it right up.

http://androidforums.com/virgin-mob...new-update-patience-please-4.html#post6083720

My phone is already MG5. In the past, I accidentally flashed mg5 to mc1 backups, but managed to upgrade back to MG5. Now, all attempts to upddate to ND4 have been thwarted. The guide you linked was for mc1 to md5. I dont want to screw up my phone more than it already is. Is there any guides for MG5 to ND4?

Thanks,

the_Victorian

What is your baseband version now?

If you are still on MG5:
Did you try the method I uploaded here? It's the full MG5 stock TWRP backup the noprops ND4 update and instructions (708,054,827 bytes):Working MG5 to ND4 W/ Instructions

If you are already on ND4:
Just flash the ND4 stock that Nick_73 shared here.

Thanks A Ton man! It finnally worked! IM on ND4 now! still no 4g though (long story) I can test nick_73's roms now!

Thanks,

the_Victorian

Thanks A Ton man! It finnally worked! IM on ND4 now! still no 4g though (long story) I can test nick_73's roms now!

Thanks,

the_Victorian

hmmm We will have to work on that 4g problem. I'm about to ask a stupid question but your mobile setting is set to CDMA/LTE right?

hmmm We will have to work on that 4g problem. I'm about to ask a stupid question but your mobile setting is set to CDMA/LTE right?
It is super weird. wlWhen it is set to cdma/lte I get no data whatsoever. I only get data when it is set to cdma only. 3g works perfectly. Maybe I should mention in about settings where it says carrier it says "Samsung" in 4g settings, carrier says "Unknown" this is regardless off ROM and baseband.

thanks,

the_Victorian

It is super weird. wlWhen it is set to cdma/lte I get no data whatsoever. I only get data when it is set to cdma only. 3g works perfectly. Maybe I should mention in about settings where it says carrier it says "Samsung" in 4g settings, carrier says "Unknown" this is regardless off ROM and baseband.

thanks,

the_Victorian

I think I had this problem once last year, when I lost MMS too (due to restoring bad backups)... Did you also try a factory reset from stock? Since you are on ND4 now just use the ND4 stock Rom (Nick posted one) and do a factory reset. Otherwise we might want to try something else if its not software related it could me the modem, in which case we could try madbat's ND4 modem (the one that Nick shared)as a last resort. I think I read something from Nick about a fix in the works as well.

Edit: don't forget to try updating the profile and PRL (dial ##UPDATE#) [You can do this on WIFI]
Edit 2: do the above in CDMA/LTE mode (you might need to connect to wifi while doing it)

Edit 3: Got one more thing for you to try... buckshot troubleshooting! No seriously, I think this one will work. Switch to CDMA/LTE mode first... Then you can re-provision your device (reactivate) ##72786# wait for it to reboot. Then wait for it to load up and do the hands-free activation. Mine looked like it hung so I canceled and it worked when I pressed the retry button. Then it updates profile and PRL and reboots again. My 4g is working fine after doing this. (I personally tested and wrote down the steps), here's hoping this one is the golden ticket for you to get your 4g back!

I think I had this problem once last year, when I lost MMS too (due to restoring bad backups)... Did you also try a factory reset from stock? Since you are on ND4 now just use the ND4 stock Rom (Nick posted one) and do a factory reset. Otherwise we might want to try something else if its not software related it could me the modem, in which case we could try madbat's ND4 modem (the one that Nick shared)as a last resort. I think I read something from Nick about a fix in the works as well.

Edit: don't forget to try updating the profile and PRL (dial ##UPDATE#) [You can do this on WIFI]
Edit 2: do the above in CDMA/LTE mode (you might need to connect to wifi while doing it)

thanks. ##UPDATE# did not work, so I will try the other option. I'm going away for a week, so i will try it after I get back.

Thanks,
the_Victorian

thanks. ##UPDATE# did not work, so I will try the other option. I'm going away for a week, so i will try it after I get back.

Thanks,
the_Victorian

Try Edit 3 first! I should really stop adding edits to these posts, but I don't like double posting if I can help it!

Good News: I tried edit 3, and now I get data in cdma/lte mode.

Bad news: It is strictly 3g (I know im in a 4g area) its like my phone has no idea it belongs to virgin mobile. On the lockscreen at the bottom where it should say virgin it just says samsung. Sigh. ...

Thanks,

The_Victorian

Back
Top Bottom