• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile] Missing memory problem

Madbat

Android Expert
OK, I need a little help. I have an odd problem with some missing memory. I've been using the external2internal swap for a while now, but I decided to go completely stock to start from scratch with some different tweaks. I restored my oldest mg5 backup (stock one) and factory reset and a new sdcard. But instead of the standard 1.83 MB system memory it says 1.73. And also when I try to open the gallery it says "not enough storage on device 1500mb. Free up some space." And won't open. I wiped everything and tried 2 different SD cards. Its like there is some part of memory that isn't clearing. So the only way I can use gallery is with external2internalsd. Any one have any ideas? Sorry if this was long winded, just trying to be thorough. Thanks to any one who responds. :cool:

Oh and also I've tried moonknightus' stock mg5 zip and twrp backup to get as clean memory stock as I could. But mine is just as clean. Same problem all around so its something in my phone.

OK, I need a little help. I have an odd problem with some missing memory. I've been using the external2internal swap for a while now, but I decided to go completely stock to start from scratch with some different tweaks. I restored my oldest mg5 backup (stock one) and factory reset and a new sdcard. But instead of the standard 1.83 MB system memory it says 1.73. And also when I try to open the gallery it says "not enough storage on device 1500mb. Free up some space." And won't open. I wiped everything and tried 2 different SD cards. Its like there is some part of memory that isn't clearing. So the only way I can use gallery is with external2internalsd. Any one have any ideas? Sorry if this was long winded, just trying to be thorough. Thanks to any one who responds. :cool:

Oh and also I've tried moonknightus' stock mg5 zip and twrp backup to get as clean memory stock as I could. But mine is just as clean. Same problem all around so its something in my phone.

Factory reset, stock backups, and my ZIP don't wipe internal SD. Maybe too much stuff accumulated there?

EDIT: To clarify, the Internal SD on our phones is not really an SD card at all, but rather uses the same partiton as the /data partiton and thus the same internal storage (the SD card is actually a folder inside of the /data partition, /data/media). Anything there would limit the amount of internal storage. I'd recommend backing up everything you need to from the internal SD and wiping that as well. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom