• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile] [MOD][UPDATE 09/06/2013]Quick Toggles Removal - flashable ZIP

moonknightus

Android Enthusiast
Modded the SystemUI.apk to remove Samsung's Quick Toggles and brightness slider.

To install, flash the attached ZIP in recovery. Make sure to select "SystemUI" when prompted.

-- OR --

Push the attached SystemUI.apk to your /system/app directory and set permissions.

This has only been tested by myself on JerryScript's Victorious ROM, from which I pulled the unmodified systemui.apk. Please post back if you test on stock and it works.

Screenshot attached.

Credit to http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=28716813

Attachments

• SystemUI.apk
    SystemUI.apk
    3.4 MB · Views: 119
  • Screenshot_2013-09-04-13-09-38.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-09-04-13-09-38.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 95
  • Disable_Toggles.zip
    Disable_Toggles.zip
    6 MB · Views: 116
Getting GPS and Bluetooth off of my toggle menu was my #1 incentive to flash CM.

Great work! I really like stock TW, this just makes it better, and is a super simple solution.

Am I the only one who uses the toggles? :cool: is there a more efficient way of turning things on and off that I'm missing?

Am I the only one who uses the toggles? :cool: is there a more efficient way of turning things on and off that I'm missing?

I think its a preferences thing. I like having the toggles and I make heavy use of the Quick Settings Panels on my N10. Previously always had to have the Power Strip widget out to do it.

If they could be customized I'd like em there but since you can't let them be gone

This. Airplane mode, mobile data, WiFi? Bring on the toggles!

Bluetooth, GPS? If I could permanently disable them on a hardware level I would. GPS especially. Grumble grumble gubmint grumble NSA grumble.

With CM, toggle customizing is native. "There's a doodad for that" (tm).

I keep GPS turned off 90% of the time (even though I know that its almost worthless as there are police devices that can find your phone w/o it to 50ft), but I use Bluetooth in the car for musics.

Back
Top Bottom