• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile] My phone must be fuc $&! / up right

mudflap2020

Android Enthusiast
After rinsing and repeating everything I can think of losing sleep and all and redownloading things for bad downloads reflashing those re downloads and rinsing and repeating and then flashing back to sto k and vaevictus and freezing and lowering clocks and stock again and wiping and all I really think that my phone is messed up. I dont know if my phone still had warranty (i doubt it ) but im so fuked if I dont because ive had it I know I seem like a whiner and all becuase well I complain about things not working but I follow Iinstructions to the tee and get the most frustrating results now I dont know Im alone but ive lost countless game data. Sleep and eyesight from the time the update had to roll its cancer inducing firmware update I just want my old phone back my old backups of mc1 are suppossesdly mg5 wheni restore them wtf and I have to reupdate and get more errors from flashing things like no props zip I just wanna please ask for help I feel deprived of my handset and what awesomeness it onnce was and am sad mad and just feel stupid and have alot wtf in my mind right now not to mentionhow Iit seems like people who know about this stuff are Iignoring me(or dont have enough time from their job to give me some tips) aside from developing cyanogen mod

You've read the directions, followed them, and lack results.

Read them again, $5 says you're missing something.

Can you get stock to boot? Kinda hard to tell from your posts.

If you've got your recovery, you're in no way screwed. Don't panic. Give people a chance to respond.

Heres my prob I can flash stock fine but sometimes when I flash it it randomly freezes so I wipe system and change sd card to fix that but when im stock no matter what backup I recover or how old it is my phone under settings says that the baseband is mg5 thats the biggest wtf the second wtf is when I finally get the virgin mobile boot sound to finally appear and to the new sound and hopefully actually have the update. But nope I flash victoroius go to sleep and wake up the next day still hasn't booted snd I did this 4 times before I flash I'm stock rooted snd wipd cache and dalsvic before and third wtf is how I have no way of just swapping the internal for my 8 gig exrernal sd card and I dont want to partitian my sd cardi just want the internal swap I never liked the partitian thing.

I cannot flash any file that swaps the internal for external not the victorious scripts tweaks that has the sd card swap packaged in not the one my friend madbat was able to flash in the sd card swaps thread or any app that promises to swich them does so so right now I can flash stock but I would need two things to be safe an mc1 downgrade if its even possible and to reset all system directorie files to that of a stock victory that came out of best buy either of which I dont think is oossible thats why im stressed about how my phonw will now really be broke

Your backups seem to be mg5 because I don't think that twrp backups restore basebands.

The problem is that my phone seems to fake that its mg5 becuase everything thats ment to work for mg5 doesnt despite the fact that I managed to fix the virgin mobile boot animation sound through the no props zip after recovering stock for the 200th time (no lie im serious)

Every time you restore g60's stock I think you have to update again and reflash superuser and install busybox again. At least thats what I do. Unless you're flashing victorious, I think that does it for you. Not sure you though I'm no pro.

Yeah me neither currently im fully updated but im quite sceptical about my baseband because I think its fake but I have busybox aswell as the hashtag superuser by clockwork mod I aLways Seem tob have b superuser like I said its like a system app now and some files andvdirectories seem to stay weathervi restore stock and wipe everything prior to recovering

It's my understanding that even though your baseband ends in PAMG5 after you go stock is because that is a firmware update. You cannot remove it. Look at your build number and see if it ends in PAMG5. If it doesn't, your still on the MC1 build.

I too was having problems with the update and finally just restored g60's backup but cleared Delvik first and then flashed no-props and I have the update but I do not have the ability to overclock. I then rebuilt scripts with Link2SD and my phone is fine.

Here are some tips that helped me thanks to Jerry holding my hand through the process:

1. Clear Delvik BEFORE restoring G60's stock Backup.
2. Restore G60's backup, but when asked to fix root (in TWRP), click do not install.
3. Flash Koush's Superuser. Download this before you start and place it in the root of your SD card.
4. Start your phone.
5. Boot back into TWRP and flash no-props.
6. Clear Delvik and restart your phone. Then do all 4 updates in System>System Update.
7. Rebuild scripts using Link2SD if using it. Restart.

This should give you a rooted phone that is basically stock running the update.

Please be patient with the Devs and Contributors because many do this in their spare time and do not pop into the forums often to be able to help because they have a life.

Good Luck!!!

Im on mg5 but one I succesfully flashed no props (twrp said succesful) and when booting up no new vigin mobile boot sound snd Victorioius wouldnt flash also I wipe everything before I flash stock backup and even when I just wipe dalavic and cache only I get the same results

I had trouble flashing Victorious kernels after no props as well. Not sure why, but for me it's not that big a deal to not be able to overclock. I just stopped at that point and patiently waiting until CM10 is in Beta or Jerry builds a full ROM around the Victorious kernel (not sure if this is even in the plans).

My instructions should get you phone back to a working phone and that's what I thought you were looking for.

BTW, if you are still having problems with losing app/game data, I suggest using Titanium Backup and backup apps+data BEFORE you try flashing/restoring.

Back
Top Bottom