• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile] OTA update-Should I?

Startech

Well, I also keep getting the OTA notifications. I have seen the numerous threads on trying to figure out how to stop it. That gives me a little pause about un-rooting my phone to do the update. The biggest reason I am rooted, is to use the Trev_E mod for tethering.

I am also experiencing some slow downs and curious if this OTA update will improve the phone.

I can't seem to find any info if tethering is still possible after the OTA update.

Should I do the OTA update or any other mods to improve my phone?

TIA

Well, I also keep getting the OTA notifications. I have seen the numerous threads on trying to figure out how to stop it. That gives me a little pause about un-rooting my phone to do the update. The biggest reason I am rooted, is to use the Trev_E mod for tethering.

I am also experiencing some slow downs and curious if this OTA update will improve the phone.

I can't seem to find any info if tethering is still possible after the OTA update.

Should I do the OTA update or any other mods to improve my phone?

TIA

Tethering still works fine. To do the ota, you would need to unroot and also have the stock recovery not twrp. Also all original system apps need to still be intact, cause the ota checks for all of that and will fail unless you are completely stock.

Great! Thank you. Is there a thread about un-rooting. I did this a year ago and don't remember how I did it. I saved the stock recovery at the time, but can't remember what its called.

Again, TIA

Great! Thank you. Is there a thread about un-rooting. I did this a year ago and don't remember how I did it. I saved the stock recovery at the time, but can't remember what its called.

Again, TIA

What build are you on? Mc1, mg5, or nd4? Check the last 3 digits in settings/about phone/build or baseband. I can get you the update you need that will install through twrp.

Back
Top Bottom