• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile] OTA Update Stuck at "Rebooting Now"

Anybody else have this issue? I just flashed back to stock recovery to alleviate the annoying as crap "Install Update" notifications that I get every 10 minutes, and now the updater is stuck at the "rebooting now" status.

I've cleared my cache, and now I'm without a clue. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

I would start praying if were you. Maybe you should flash back to stock via Odin then take the OTA and re-root. But if you wait and pray long enough someone more experienced may come along and have a even simpler more helpful solution

Go to settings and down to system update then hit update Samsung software (I always hit firmware too) it usually doesn't tell me I have an update but by the time I hit the back button it pops up and begins to download
#edit
wait... rooted stock? You have the stock recovery right?

Android system update? So it's not just a simple samsung update either, this is very curious. Then again it could just be us still on 4.1 with the addition of knox :( Is this a newer update over MG5? because I've notice an apparent update in the my account app that never comes in. And it seems to be hanging for those that do get it.

Personally I'd do a hard reboot. I can't see an issue if you're on complete stock. Maybe you should go a step further and unroot...

Oh I forgot you can also reinstall/unroot to the original recovery and rom using samsung kies, if you're getting an update it should take of that as well. I've used it a few times for a complete clean slate.

If your phone version was mc1 and the update was for mg5 then you needed the stock mc1 recovery. If you got the one posted in this forum it was the stock recovery for those already on mg5. So using that stock recovery would not allow you to update from mc1 to mg5. Can you remember if your build number ended in mc1 or mg5? If it was mc1 then put back twrp and there is an update zip for mc1 to mg5 that you can flash in twrp recovery. I'll look for the update zip and post it.
OK here's the thread with the twrp flashable mc1 to mg5 update http://androidforums.com/showthread.php?p=6054761

If your phone version was mc1 and the update was for mg5 then you needed the stock mc1 recovery. If you got the one posted in this forum it was the stock recovery for those already on mg5. So using that stock recovery would not allow you to update from mc1 to mg5. Can you remember if your build number ended in mc1 or mg5? If it was mc1 then put back twrp and there is an update zip for mc1 to mg5 that you can flash in twrp recovery. I'll look for the update zip and post it.
OK here's the thread with the twrp flashable mc1 to mg5 update [New Update] Patience Please - Android Forums

Well now I'm confused. I'm not sure if that should be the build or baseband number because I'm seeing both mc1 and mg5 in different places, so here's my system stats so you can see what it is exactly: http://i.imgur.com/RPNSw13.png

Actually they should both be the same. It looks like the update only partially took. Let me look around and see what I can find. You do the same.
Update: you should be OK reinstalling twrp and flashing jerryscript's no props.zip update I linked to before. It should complete the update. Remember afterwards if you want root, re install superuser and busybox.

Back
Top Bottom