• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile] Possible update

Madbat

Android Expert
I went back to the stock ROM today. I went into the My Account app and it said there was an update for our firmware. When I checked system update it said I was up to date though. My wife has a victory that's not rooted (she wont let me) and hers did the same thing. Maybe an update is coming.

I noticed the same thing a week ago on mine but it's been playing as if it doesn't know an update exists. Maybe virgin knows something we don't. But I wouldn't complain to a 4.2 or 4.3 update at all :D

But doesn't 4.3 mean Knox?anyway, I might shoot VM an email. I'll probably just get the standard polite, "pound sand" replies, but its worth a shot.
EDIT: so VM replied. Customer service and their infinite wisdom gave me a guide on how to update my profile. -_-. So I will report back when i get a real answer.
EDIT 2: *sigh.... VM then gave me a guide on how to update apps. I give up. :p

Samsung has been slipping Knox into newer updates. I'd definitely look over the update really well before you install it. Knox isn't the end of the world if you install it, you just need to be a bit more cautious when flashing stuff. If you attempt to flash another bootloader you'll brick your phone.

When I got my s3 I avoided the official 4.3 ota update just to avoid Knox. Someone then took the update and stripped Knox out of it and released it.

Back
Top Bottom