• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile] [REQUEST] deodex

Madbat

Android Expert
I'm still relatively new to this and I'm having a little trouble with the kitchen (understatement) , just wondering if any of my fellow Victorians have deodex'd the stock rom. and if it's not too much trouble would you mind posting a zip? I would owe you one big time, and if you're a developer who accepts donations I would be happy to donate.
or if its less work would somebody mind posting a tutorial. I keep reading on ways to do it but there just aren't enough hours in the day. quote from my wife " are you messing with that da&# phone again". thanks to anyone responds.

P.s. if you don't take donations personally I would be happy to donate to the development of your choice, or repay the favor anyway I can.

i can post a deoxed twrp backup of stock rom at mg5 havent had time to make it a flashable zip . Its comps back i deoxed.

Putting on dropbox now ill.post ya both link in pm when done. Zip worked but.borked modem everytime.so this will be mg5 deoxed twrp back up. Says 40 minutes till.complete.

Putting on dropbox now ill.post ya both link in pm when done. Zip worked but.borked modem everytime.so this will be mg5 deoxed twrp back up. Says 40 minutes till.complete.

restored it, wont boot. just hangs at samsung screen after vm boot animation.

Ok 2 files ready man this weekend has sucked ordered ecc ram instead of non-ecc (doh) Had a 500 gig dump drive with all my files on it fail :( but any way i got a deoxer zip that will deox mg5stock rom and i got a twrp of the full mg5 stockrom. uploading both now both tested and booted. pm link soon if you still want.

Odexed apps are supposed to have a slight performance advantage, deodexed apps are needed for theming and customizing

Ok 2 files ready man this weekend has sucked ordered ecc ram instead of non-ecc (doh) Had a 500 gig dump drive with all my files on it fail :( but any way i got a deoxer zip that will deox mg5stock rom and i got a twrp of the full mg5 stockrom. uploading both now both tested and booted. pm link soon if you still want.

Thanks, I got it. Sorry to hear about your drive. I know, just not enough hours in the day.

Worked perfectly too. Thanks again. I'm still gonna try to play around with the kitchen. See if I can learn some more stuff.

Hiya TeachMe :)

That stinks about your drive - it happens to the best of us. I recently had a backup drive completely fail on me, and need to work on removing one of the capacitors to get it functioning again just long enough for me to get the ~500GB of data off of there; I can imagine how you feel.

If you get a chance, would you be willing to send me the links to both the TWRP image and .zip you have? It would be supremely awesome to have those on-hand, both in case I screw anything up with my Victory, and/or as a base to make a ROM from.

Back
Top Bottom