• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile] Root my phone and keep the stock rom?

Just got a new galaxy victory for virgin,

Two questions:
-Can I root and keep the stock rom?

-Should I root? Pretty much my only concern right now is the inability to move apps to the sd card. But I don't know if root privileges are worth any negative trade ups that may happen after rooting.

Thanks!

Id root
Cpu control
And with a non stock kernel you should be able to use app2sd but I dont know of they have that for this phone.

App2sd uses a partition on ur sd csrd [up to 4gb] instead of internal space for your user apps.

Not to mention the tons of other stuff u can do with root.
But I suppose it is less secure.

Yes, you can root and stay on the stock rom. That's exactly what I did for the first three months I had this phone. The reasons I rooted was to freeze apps that I didn't want and to add root-able apps that I did want.

The advantages of rooting are numerous while the disadvantages of rooting are (for me anyway) nonexistent.

Also, you can always un-root later if you choose to.

Yes, you can root and stay on the stock rom. That's exactly what I did for the first three months I had this phone. The reasons I rooted was to freeze apps that I didn't want and to add root-able apps that I did want.

The advantages of rooting are numerous while the disadvantages of rooting are (for me anyway) nonexistent.

Also, you can always un-root later if you choose to.

Root it.
Then put Titanium Backup on there and freeze a ton of bloatware (eventually you can remove them).

Then put XPosed Framework on it and use is modules to pimp out phone even more.

I'm technically 100% stock on Sprint Victory (minus mods moonknightus and I made to framework/UI files), and phone runs amazingly with a bunch of bonuses due to rooting.

Just got a new galaxy victory for virgin,

Two questions:
-Can I root and keep the stock rom?

-Should I root? Pretty much my only concern right now is the inability to move apps to the sd card. But I don't know if root privileges are worth any negative trade ups that may happen after rooting.

Thanks!

Of course you can root and stay on stock ROM. Rooting does not change your ROM. After you root you can use link2sd to symlink apps to your sd card.

At this point those extras like CPU control are't necessary for me. Had an optimus v for 3 or 4 years and I really liked to tweak it although it was an annoyance that I had to reset it every few weeks regardless of which ROM I was running. MiRaGe gave me the shortest "decent running" time, about 2 weeks before it began lagging and being a brat overall.

That's why I want to keep the stock ROM but also always wondered if just by rooting it I'm already making it experimental and prone to act like a beta version of something.

Note ii
Custum rom: jedi x-v20 4.1.2
Custum recovery: cwm

Same rom install for 6 months or so.

My precedent tho yea every 6 weeks or so it would just die.

Just depends on the phone and the code I guess.

Back
Top Bottom