• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile] root without odin

bradzerns

Lurker
I didn't want to change recovery I'm not going to activate it for two weeks. I want it to activate properly aaa passwords internet mms yah. so, I tried a lot of one clicks and this one worked awesome no spyware yet. I had to switch between media transfer and camera a couple times and leave it on camera to show up as usb composite and adb device. I'll try recoveries after I activate it. they want to raise my grandfathered $25 plan to $35 for 4g lte I'm not changing in the middle of the month. it worked the the optimus v.

http://www.kingoapp.com/

it didn't work because I tried to put a smiley face and it added it to the url it works now.

if I use it again maybe I'll use a sniffer to see what's up

I'd be careful with that exploit. XDA deemed it unsafe as it was believed to transmit sensitive information back to a server in China. No one could get a disclosure from the maker as to what information was collected during root. I see now the Web page is offline.

just paranoid about everything not working. I've lost my aaa before trying to flash a sprint rom on a virgin mobile rumor and I couldn't get it back. bought another one for $4.00 on ebay. thanks for your input.

I rooted my victory with custom recovery and everything before I activated it. All fine. I would be way mor paranoid about all my passwords and stuff being sent to Chinese server.

Back
Top Bottom