• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile/Sprint] LS720 - Virgin Mobile Rooted and wanting to reset

aceso2896

Hello,

I've been reading around and I can't figure out exactly what info to follow and what not to follow. I know with my old phone I was told to never use factory reset if you have a rooted phone as it causes major issues.

So basically I rooted my LS720 (VM) and I'm wanting to know the best way to go about resetting it. I'm using the default rom (not using anything fancy) and will probably stay on that. Basically right now I'm having issues with my bluetooth disconnecting and reconnecting after playing a song, dialing and talking. So I'm hoping resetting it will fix it as I tested other devices and the bluetooth doesn't have that issue with them. I think it's an issue from when I was toying with apps to tether wifi via Bluetooth, but not sure.

Once I get it reset I'm going to unlock it again as the feature I basically use is being able to use Link2SD since the storage is so small. I've thought about using a custom rom, but not sure as I'm afraid I'll mess it up. Though if anyone knows of one that will let you for sure tether wifi from the phone to a tablet via wifi or bluetooth would be great, but I think VM pretty much locked that out altogether.

Sorry for the ramble, but hopefully someone might know the best guide/route to go as I'm not sure atm.

Yeah, I've seen that app. Just haven't found solid information on if it works with VM or not as I've seen mixed comments.

i can confirm the app works... if u dont have the money and have root you can always use the native hotspot mod and that works too.. ive tethered close to 60gb last month using native hotspot

Shoot, 60 gigs? Might look into the native hotspot, forgot about that. Thanks for mentioning that.

Yea, I bought the app over the weekend while were out of town. Worked pretty well except of course when you lose signals (darn mountain area).

Anyways, aside from that. Does anyone know if there's a guide specific to if you rooted your VM LS720 / Optimus F3 and wanting to factory reset and go back to stock rom then reroot?

I know I've read in multiple places to never factory reset while rooted, but I'm sure there's a way to get it to where you can. I just can't find decent enough info that matches in all the guides.

Yea, I bought the app over the weekend while were out of town. Worked pretty well except of course when you lose signals (darn mountain area).

Anyways, aside from that. Does anyone know if there's a guide specific to if you rooted your VM LS720 / Optimus F3 and wanting to factory reset and go back to stock rom then reroot?

I know I've read in multiple places to never factory reset while rooted, but I'm sure there's a way to get it to where you can. I just can't find decent enough info that matches in all the guides.

There is sticky thread just take a look at the "Unbrick" thread. While your phone is not bricked. You can still use it to fully restore your phone to factory.

Back
Top Bottom