• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile/Sprint] Why did you root?

I rooted for the same reasons as all of you guys, but I also was thinking about making custom roms and recoveries. Unfortunately I'm not too good with development, so idk if that will happen

Doesn't this phone have a locked bootloader? I can try to make you guys a recovery but someone would have to flash it since I don't have the phone.

Reactions: bob-st and sneaky_1
Upvote 0
It does, but I've been looking around on how to unlock it. I think i might have seen a way, but I'm not sure. I'm willing to flash it as soon as i get my phone back
That would be cool if there was a way to unlock it. Not sure I really care as the phone runs great stock.

I did run across this a while ago, not sure what it does exactly:
It does appear, I have not tried it, that there is a special program made that can run CWM on LG phones with the locked bootloader.
2nd Init Recovery by 985hPaKicK for the spirit.

Working CWM Recovery!!!

Maybe that program would need to be tweaked to run on our phone, maybe not. I'm not brave enough to try, or currently care to try as the phone works perfect as is.

It appeared that you can make a Nandroid backup, but thinking how would one reinstall it if you bricked your phone....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones