• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile] Stock rooted no 4g

Hey guys. I know this dosent really fit the topic page, but im having lots of trouble with this stock rooted rom. A few weeks ago, I restored from a nandroid backup, and something weird happened. I never got the vm splash (this was stock) so I was confused. I still got service and all, but in the areas where it says "virgin mobile" like a the bottom of the notification center and on the lock screen, it just says Samsung. Also, about phone says that too. This would not be a problem except for one thing: 4g wont work. I still get texts and mms, but data wont work. However, if I set it to plain cdma instead of cdma/lte than I get 3g data fine. This is frustrating because I pay for 4g service. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

the_Victorian

One is that the nandroid backup you made was bad, because it should restore to exactly the state the phone was in when you made it. (Unless you restored a backup made on another phone, in which case, that's the problem.) Rooting has nothing to do with the VM display or the baseband (which is where you get the 3G/4G from). It's just adding 2 files that the manufacturer left out because you're not supposed to be doing things that require root (according to them).

yes im aware of that. it is not rooting's fault, but even when I flashed stock recovery and updated to mg5, still no 4g! ugg this sucks...

Back
Top Bottom