• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile] storage issue link2sd

Phone is rooted have a 2nd partition. But I just deleted a app that was 1.31gb. Internal storage now has 1.57gb free space but on link2sd it says the system is (17% free) 210mb free storage how do i free space in that. I can't download any app from the google playstore because of it.

How do I fix this?

Are you talking about a partition on the phone's internal memory (there are a few of them, not just two)? Or are you talking about a partition on the external SD card?

When I go to storage info on link2sd i see multiple storages.
Internal (86% free)
sd card (87% free)
ext. Sd (99% free)
2nd sd partition (93% free)
system (17% free)
cache (88% free).

Because the system storage is almost full I cant download any apps including ones that are less than 20mb even though I deleted all my current apps to see if it would work. And there is 1.83gb free on internal storage.

Check in settings/application manager and check out your system apps to see how much data each one is storing. If one has a ton, delete its data. Clear all caches as well.

Nothing was over 3mb... I restored my phone and can download apps again. But system is still at 17% free. I guess ill have to deal with till I get a new phone.

System is on a separate partition and the only way to free up space there is to delete system apps, which is probably not something you need to do unless you are running stock and want to remove the bloatware. System will naturally take up a certain amount of space just for the essentials. Those are the apps that are protected, as well as the OS itself. I wouldn't worry about freeing up space there or filling it up as you don't usually install anything in system anyways.

Edit: Just FYI, AFAIK the only two partitions that share the same memory space on this phone are the 'Internal' partition and the 'Sdcard' partition. Filling one of them up will also fill up the other because they 'share the same space'. Best thing to do is not use the internal Sdcard at all, and to link2sd the big and non-essential stuff like games and entertainment stuff.

Back
Top Bottom