• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile] Uploading mg5 to nd4 right now

Hey Now,

Link to MG5 to ND4.zip: https://www.mediafire.com/?78z26odbg9zpnam

I am uploading the New Virgin Mobile Update to flash with TWRP 2.6.3.0. I booted into TWRP_2.6.3.0_Recovery and restored my 1st non rooted backup and booted up and powered off immediately. Rebooted back into recovery, flashed the MG5 to ND4.zip, wiped cache/dalvik and then flashed Busybox and the new Supersu.zip, rebooted and sure enough everything is working perfectly. The zip will be available in 5-10 minutes. Yeah you right! Everything works including 4G!

If I was you I would boot up before flashing Bbox & Supersu, boot back to recovery and make a backup so you will always have a backup without root. Happy Flashing Y'all!

BadBrainsEddie
New Orleans, LA

Has anyone else tried this? I don't think I have a backup that's not rooted. I remember when jerryscript made his no props update to mg5, it didn't matter if you were rooted as long as you were stock.
Hey badbrains, brah, I'm gonna have to come over your house this weekend to borrow a cup of unrooted backup. Lol

I feel like I've tried every possible combination of things, but I must be missing something...

I've tried this update file in the thread here. Restored to stock using the only MG5 stock I can find (the one made by moonknightus; I would use G60 madman's MG5 but links are down).

I've tried using TWRP, I've tried stock recovery with the original update. Even tried Nick_73's noprops update and still no luck, either getting error 7, or some mmc error.

I'm inclined to think that moonknightus' stock isn't really completely stock. Even tried factory reset on stock and still getting nowhere.

Does anyone have a completely stock backup I could use please?

What is ND4? Is it a radio update? I've never got more than 20 mbps on downloads. My SGV is MG5-nopropped/rooted with wifi tether. I did try link2sd and the internal to external swapper scripts but in the end went back to just a 32gb fat32 external sdcard. I removed all unnecessary apps (673mb internal free) and this SUCKER PURRS LIKE A KITTEN...!

I feel like I've tried every possible combination of things, but I must be missing something...

I've tried this update file in the thread here. Restored to stock using the only MG5 stock I can find (the one made by moonknightus; I would use G60 madman's MG5 but links are down).

I've tried using TWRP, I've tried stock recovery with the original update. Even tried Nick_73's noprops update and still no luck, either getting error 7, or some mmc error.

I'm inclined to think that moonknightus' stock isn't really completely stock. Even tried factory reset on stock and still getting nowhere.

Does anyone have a completely stock backup I could use please?

Nick_73 uploaded a fixed update yesterday, said he missed 1 assert prop on his last one. I used it on my wife's and it worked fine, hers is stock rooted.

Nick_73 uploaded a fixed update yesterday, said he missed 1 assert prop on his last one. I used it on my wife's and it worked fine, hers is stock rooted.

Yeah, that's the one I tried. No luck. I think the backup that is available is not completely stock somehow (at least that is the one variable I haven't been able to check since I don't have any other one to test).

Edit: I finally am on ND4!

I ended up going back to an MC1 stock, flashed the MC1 to MG5-noprops, took a backup. Then flashed the ND4 noprops that nick_73 posted. I will upload my backup and the update file on a mirror for anyone that might need it!

Edit 2: Here is the link to the MG5 Stock backup, it is in a rar file that also contains the ND4 update from Nick_73 that I used, as well as a txt file with some basic instructions.
Basically this is for anyone that needs an MG5 stock in order to upgrade. The only difference (that I noticed) between this and moonknightus' stock MG5 is that this one has the virgin mobile boot animation.
MG5 to ND4 (Working)

Back
Top Bottom