• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Visual VM on liberty?

mikeydooodie

Android Enthusiast
I had the visual vm installed from the vzw market. Now it told me to uninstall it BC the phone comes with it, but where is it?

It is not included. You need to use Google voice or really download Verizon VVM from the market.

I tried that and it shows this

snap20110116_202744.png

It seems to be a glitch that some, but not all experience. Since I haven't been able to reproduce it on my phone (I was successful in installing it), I'm not able to test what causes it. I have added it to my running list of glitches though.

It seems to be a glitch that some, but not all experience. Since I haven't been able to reproduce it on my phone (I was successful in installing it), I'm not able to test what causes it. I have added it to my running list of glitches though.

Are you one of the developers?

While fast liberty isn't very user friendly. I don't like how there is no backup assistant and visual vm, 2 crucial features for me. Im back to apex until they figure it out

While fast liberty isn't very user friendly. I don't like how there is no backup assistant and visual vm, 2 crucial features for me. Im back to apex until they figure it out

thats because BUA is included with blur. and Verizon VVM is a paid service. this rom tries to mimic an AOSP rom. Being it is an android/Google powered phone most people rely on contacts backup through gmail and use google voice for VVM. I personally would never rely on backup assistant to backup my contacts when i can do it through gmail and manage it online that way.

You can install Visual Voicemail on any ROM. Simple instructions here.
this seems like the best explanation i have seen so far, and once i get home i will reflash liberty, cause i get no service in my office downloading all my apps by walking out onto the floors will be a pain in the butt.

Now that im back to apex my phone is still using google voice for vm. How can I get it to go back to regular voicemail

Go into the Google Voice settings, there should be an option for "Voicemail Service" or something similar. Change it back to "my provider."

I installed it on my phone, and I have not had any issues at all, I believe software wise the DX and D2 are the same.

I installed it on my phone, and I have not had any issues at all, I believe software wise the DX and D2 are the same.

in many ways they are however they can not share roms since the rom has to support different hardware.

Back
Top Bottom