• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Visual Voice Mail

oaklane

Android Enthusiast
I got my new phone Saturday and Sunday had a voice mail which came up as a Visual Voice Mail. I'm wondering if 1: it's going to cost for the app, never used it before or is this now the stock voice mail app?

Verizon added a free tier to visual voicemail last summer. So, now there are three options: free standard voicemail; free visual voicemail; and a premium tier of visual voicemail.

But, go online and log in to your account on verizonwireless.com and check your features to make sure you have the free option. Or call verizon and ask them...

I believe that you might get a 30 day free trial, with all of the features, and then have the option to add the paid version or continue with the less-featured free version.

Awesome thank you - that's what I thought but it suprised me when I got my first voice mail, with all the bells and whistles!

I have a LG G3 with Verizon. Monday I started receiving messages saying Visual Voicemail could not connect. Called customer service and finally learned that visual voicemail does not work when connected to wifi network, only over 3glte or 4glte. Has anyone else run into this? I assume there was an update over the weekend which is why this message just started appearing. I can *86 to check voicemail but I get no notification that I have a voicemail unless visual voicemail connects. It's a pain to disable wifi when I'm in the office or on a wifi network somewhere. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom