• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help voicemail update notification

This is a Sprint prepaid LG Volt activated on RingPlus.

I keep getting the Voicemail important update notification.

Check for update

Important Update!
This is a Mandatory software update due to the age of your current version.
- It includes Ads and Free Avatar Messaging. However, both can be disabled in the Setting Menu.
- There is no charge to use Avatar Messaging unless you choose to purchase premium content.

After clicking 'Update', I always get an error message, "Sorry, there was a problem checking for update".

The version I have is T.5.3.4.32. I read it's a common problem for Sprint phones activated on MVNOs because the visual voicemail is not supported on those MVNOs like Ting.

I just unchecked "show notifications" for voicemail app. Is there a better solution?

I do not use the voicemail from the carrier at all (Google voice instead). Is it safe to disable/remove the voicemail app (does it prevent me from doing further OTA?)?

You can uninstall it, or just disable it. If there is an update, it will reinstall or reactivate it.
You will need to be rooted to do either however. There is a rooting guide in the root forum if you need it.

This is a Sprint prepaid LG Volt activated on RingPlus.

I keep getting the Voicemail important update notification.

Check for update

Important Update!
This is a Mandatory software update due to the age of your current version.
- It includes Ads and Free Avatar Messaging. However, both can be disabled in the Setting Menu.
- There is no charge to use Avatar Messaging unless you choose to purchase premium content.

After clicking 'Update', I always get an error message, "Sorry, there was a problem checking for update".

The version I have is T.5.3.4.32. I read it's a common problem for Sprint phones activated on MVNOs because the visual voicemail is not supported on those MVNOs like Ting.

I just unchecked "show notifications" for voicemail app. Is there a better solution?

I do not use the voicemail from the carrier at all (Google voice instead). Is it safe to disable/remove the voicemail app (does it prevent me from doing further OTA?)?

Updated Voicemail app.

Attachments

Back
Top Bottom