• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help volume button stopped working

animal47

Just giving my phone a check over before packaging it up as I had sold it and noticed that the volume+ button has stopped working. It was fine the last time I used the phone but it has been sat around for a while waiting to sell.
Is this worth repairing or would I be better off just getting the best price from one of the recyclers, shame as the rest of the phone is in great condition.
Any help appreciated.

What you could try is open the battery cover, take the battery out and near the edge of the phone there is a long rectangular sticker. If you prise it up near the volume rocker bar you might find some dirt or dust blocking the contact to the switch. If all appears well it may just need re-seating as it isn't fixed in anyway. The sticker just holds it in place.

Thanks for that, much appreciated.
I did remove the battery and noticed that the sticker in question was starting to lift in the centre so perhaps you are right in that it may need seating properly again.

Back
Top Bottom