• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Volume Settings - A 7.1.2 - Aquaris M5.5

I want to have the ringer silent, with no vibration, and be able to set all other volume controls as I prefer.
I never accept calls, but want to be alerted, when I receive notifications from some specific apps, by a sound.

I am using a BQ Aquaris M5.5 mobile phone.
It appears the BQ brand no longer exists (I have been gifted the device).

Is it possible to upgrade the os?

Android version: 7.1.2
Kernel version: 3.10.49-g5190b11
Build number: 5.2.0_20180228-1302

Thanks.

I want to have the ringer silent, with no vibration, and be able to set all other volume controls as I prefer.
I never accept calls, but want to be alerted, when I receive notifications from some specific apps, by a sound.

I am using a BQ Aquaris M5.5 mobile phone.
It appears the BQ brand no longer exists (I have been gifted the device).

Is it possible to upgrade the os?

Android version: 7.1.2
Kernel version: 3.10.49-g5190b11
Build number: 5.2.0_20180228-1302

Thanks.
not unless there is an official update release from the manufacturer. this is the problem with off brand phones. they will never get support. if there are no updates for the phone, you are stuck with what you got.

you should have a separate ringtone volume, if you do not then i do not know what you can do, other then get a new phone.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
not unless there is an official update release from the manufacturer. this is the problem with off brand phones. they will never get support. if there are no updates for the phone, you are stuck with what you got.

you should have a separate ringtone volume, if you do not then i do not know what you can do, other then get a new phone.
The company no longer has a website. I think they stopped trading this year.

There are separate ringer and notification volume controls, but if the ringer is set to zero, the notification level is also then changed to zero, automatically. I have tried three volume control apps, but they do not work.

Upvote 0
The company no longer has a website. I think they stopped trading this year.

There are separate ringer and notification volume controls, but if the ringer is set to zero, the notification level is also then changed to zero, automatically. I have tried three volume control apps, but they do not work.
was this always the case? or just recently? anyways i don't know what else to tell you other than a factory reset....or get a new phone. this will always be the case for off brand phones.....so buyer beware.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones