• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root VzW OTA & re-Rooting

gadzooks

Have VzW OTA pending, am rooted (only) using z4root, and anticipate that if OTA is applied, it may be a while before I'm able to root again.

Agree, disagree, ... ?

TiBu freezing, priceless. :-)

Thanks very much for sharing your experience.

For now, I'll stay put. Took a look at xda couple days ago and didn't easily find anything related to this update. I'll keep checking.

I was rooted using z4root and mistakenly accepted the vzw OTA and lost root.

SU is still there, but z4root1.3.0 cannot get root back.

I've tried a factory reset, but that didn't work.

Looks like i'm stuck til an update to z4root comes out.

I was rooted using z4root and mistakenly accepted the vzw OTA and lost root.

SU is still there, but z4root1.3.0 cannot get root back.

I've tried a factory reset, but that didn't work.

Looks like i'm stuck til an update to z4root comes out.

v1.3.1 does not work either.

Had not heard of Superoneclick. Googled and found lots of threads to pull on. Thanks very much!

MH, interesting ...

I had to take the long route after accepting the OTA (was rooted with z4root) and the update just wouldn't take, kept popping up 2-3 times per day. Eventually I had to:

1. Flash back to stock via Heimdall (instructions from: [Tutorial] How To Restore Verizon Galaxy Tab Back To Stock - xda-developers but used the files I downloaded from the first post here: Verizon stock ROTO files minus the Data partition - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum)

2. Installed the Update.zip (OTA update) from here: xda-developers - View Single Post - CDMA VZW Tab update

3. Re-Rooted with SuperOneClick following this tutorial: How to Root the Galaxy Tab with Super One Click | Galaxy Tabs

And Viola! rooted with the EC02 update. What a pain.

Back