• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Wait for Dure Core ?

YINE

Lurker
Hey guys

I am planning to get Samsung Vibrant sometimes this month.

Since Galaxy s was launched back in summer, wonder is it still right time to purchase it or not.

I hear first dual core LG 2x or Star will be available in next jan / feb

yeah, I've been hearing about fancy dual core phones and people told me to wait until Q1 of 2011

Do you also think I should wait until first quarter of 11? I personally don't like to wait since i ve been waiting to buy Galaxy from sept.

Hey guys

I am planning to get Samsung Vibrant sometimes this month.

Since Galaxy s was launched back in summer, wonder is it still right time to purchase it or not.

I hear first dual core LG 2x or Star will be available in next jan / feb

yeah, I've been hearing about fancy dual core phones and people told me to wait until Q1 of 2011

Do you also think I should wait until first quarter of 11? I personally don't like to wait since i ve been waiting to buy Galaxy from sept.

Hey,
How's it going? Besides the GPS issue, the Vibrant is a pretty solid device. It really depends on what you want and your phone carrier as well. In the US the Vibrant is on T-mobile [and like you mentioned], which launched during the summer. Since then newer phones have launched and there should be some coming out in the next few months with better specs. I know you want a device now, and in technology-reality... once you commit and buy something...something newer is released. And if the Vibrant is the one you have your eye on for now... it might be worthwhile to look at other phones that have sim cards, even another carrier. There would be the potential for a different phone to be "unlocked" and used on your current carrier [as long as it has a sim card].

It's your call to make. There's no universal "right time" for everyone to buy. It's all based on your needs/wants and we can't tell you if now is the right time or not -- especially since you haven't posted what you specifically need/want.

If dual cores are a must-have on your list (they are on mine) then it's definitely not the right time.

I wouldn't. I'm sure a dual core phone will be snappy, but it'll also feature a battery life measured in minutes, not hours.

I wouldn't. I'm sure a dual core phone will be snappy, but it'll also feature a battery life measured in minutes, not hours.

from what i've heard (and i emphasize heard) they will use less battery power because they run cooler than single-core processors.

They use up less battery life.

17521-screen_shot_2010_12_09_at_4.59.10_pm_super.png

It is clear and simple...

Back
Top Bottom