• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Waking phone during call with "Power button ends call" enabled

TheyCallMeBT

Android Enthusiast
So, there's a little feature in Android that not many people use or know about called "Power button ends call" under Accessibility settings. I used it on my Droid X and I'm using it on my G'Nex. It makes hanging up quick, easy, and you don't have to worry about making sure the phone is hung up (I'm a little OCD about that).

But since the G'Nex has no physical buttons, it's impossible to use the feature and use either speakerphone or bluetooth and be able to wake the screen during a call after it goes dark w/o hanging up. The volume buttons don't do it.

I'm not sure if this is a new problem with the G'Nex or if some phones with physical touch buttons (not press-in buttons) do the same thing.

Until Google addresses this (if they ever do), the only work around I can think of is to let the volume keys wake the phone. I've tried WidgetLocker, which I use any way, and the feature that is meant to do this doesn't work on the G'Nex.

Can anyone think of another app to wake on volume button press or another workaround that I haven't thought about?

Thanks!

Edit: Could Tasker some how be used to replace the option?

I think there are some custom roms with the functionality.. not sure, you can look around

i loved the feature but i did find something out that will allow us to use it. the screen turns back on after u cover the light level reader and then uncover it. it is as simple as putting ur ear to the phone then bringing it away. It might not be as fast or as simple as hitting a button, but it works on any rom. hope this helps.

i loved the feature but i did find something out that will allow us to use it. the screen turns back on after u cover the light level reader and then uncover it. it is as simple as putting ur ear to the phone then bringing it away. It might not be as fast or as simple as hitting a button, but it works on any rom. hope this helps.

Including stock? It's so simple that I never even thought about. Lol. Thanks a bunch!

Edit: this didn't work for me.

I found a solution that might help some folks. There's a function on my stereo unit (which routes my calls through my stereo over bluetooth) that sends the call back to the phone. It's called privacy mode. So after I do that, I can just pick up the phone and wave my hand/ face in front of the sensor, and the screen comes back on. So, a completely workable solution for me.

Back
Top Bottom