• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Wall charger causes screen freeze problems

Caloy

Android Expert
I bought a 3 charger bundle at eBay for cheap. When I tried using the wall charger, the touch screen freezes, and I can't do anything with the phone, while charging. Do you think it's safe to continue using the chargers I bought at eBay?

I don't know about safety but it seams like the the EVO is iffy on what charger it likes. see my post HERE

One I bought from an airport for my Tour did the same thing to my EVO. I had it on the charger overnight before I realized it caused that problem. I haven't noticed any ill-effects from the overnight charge, but I have decided to discontinue use. I would hate to fry anything.

My roommate has a Tour. I'll see if I can convince him to swap chargers with me since my OEM Tour charger has been working great.

I have a wall charger that came in a package deal from amazon that locked my EVO up last night, I had to pull the battery to get it to come out of it. Needless to say I threw it in the garbage, the car charger that came with it works fine though.

Back
Top Bottom