• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Wallpaper fitting app?

I don't know about any apps, but the general standard for any Android phone is to make the wallpaper at least twice the width and the same height. So in the case of the Nexus, it would be 1440x1280. The main homescreen/lockscreen will display the 720x1280 block that's exactly in the middle, whilst other screens will move further out to the left/right (depending which way you go) as you scroll through them. You can work out what parts will be shown and what parts will be hidden that way.

Reactions: kool kat2
Upvote 0
I don't know about any apps, but the general standard for any Android phone is to make the wallpaper at least twice the width and the same height. So in the case of the Nexus, it would be 1440x1280. The main homescreen/lockscreen will display the 720x1280 block that's exactly in the middle, whilst other screens will move further out to the left/right (depending which way you go) as you scroll through them. You can work out what parts will be shown and what parts will be hidden that way.

That's kind of the issue I had with it, if I wanted the right side as my middle, I'm not able to get it in as the middle. That's why im using multipicture lwp. Im not great at editing pics in editing programs and doubt I'd make time for it if i could. It's just more convenient to do it from the phone. :)

Upvote 0
Try "QuickPic" from the Play Store. Its FREE and gives you a much better Picture Gallery than Stock and it puts another option in the Settings > Display > Wallpaper menu - click on the QuickPic option and you'll have access to the Gallery with an automatic crop window. I just used the default selection frame it displays and pressed the save button in the top right-hand corner. Every Wallpaper fits perfectly (subject of course to correct photo dimensions, although the app does seem to be able to make appropriate corrections automatically, if they are not 100%). Love the Gallery feature to as it is much more responsive and much better at sorting all pictures than stock. Works perfect on all my devices.

Reactions: kool kat2
Upvote 0
That's kind of the issue I had with it, if I wanted the right side as my middle, I'm not able to get it in as the middle. That's why im using multipicture lwp. Im not great at editing pics in editing programs and doubt I'd make time for it if i could. It's just more convenient to do it from the phone. :)

Ah yeah, I can't see how it would know what to do with that to be fair. You could use a custom launcher that lets you rearrange the home screens and just use the far right one as your main home screen, with infinite scroll if you still want to be able to scroll to the right.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones