• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

walmart not working, does tmo work?

CrackBaby

Android Enthusiast
Jun 29, 2012
For two months in a row, my attempt to buy the Walmart $30 refill card has been denied. I don't know why. Last month, I wound up speaking to the support staff at walmart on the phone and they did something that made it work. This month, I am fed up and want to try a way that works correctly the first time.

Does paying for it at the t-mobile website achieve the same exact purpose or is that something different?

There is a t-mo store down the street, should I just go there? Do they sell the $30 cards in the store?

I've seen a mix of T-Mobile refill cards at Walmart. Some of them, you have to call FastCard to add it to your account, while other cards can be used at T-Mobile's web site, calling 611, or through the MyAccount app.

The cards that can be added via T-Mobile's web site and the MyAccount app, will indicate that you can also call 611, on the back of the refill card.

If it doesn't mention 611, then you must call the (different) toll free number on the back of that card (which is FastCard) to add it to your account.

Upvote 0
For two months in a row, my attempt to buy the Walmart $30 refill card has been denied. I don't know why. Last month, I wound up speaking to the support staff at walmart on the phone and they did something that made it work. This month, I am fed up and want to try a way that works correctly the first time.

Does paying for it at the t-mobile website achieve the same exact purpose or is that something different?

There is a t-mo store down the street, should I just go there? Do they sell the $30 cards in the store?

There's something wrong with the payment thingy on the Walmart site. The very same thing has been happening to me, and my boyfriend had the exact same issue. What I've done is go right back in there and attempt the purchase again. It always goes through the second time. Pain in the rear-end though.

If it's more convenient for you, Id say go to the physical store during business hours as they'll take your monthly payment there.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones