• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Waning Excitement for Galaxy Nexus?

ouch1976

Android Enthusiast
So, I think that Verizon/Google/Samsung all lost alot of buyers with the screwed up launch of the GNex and now I'm totally dis-interested in the phone. The excitement has passed and the phone is no longer cutting edge to me. This has resulted in my comfort with waiting for a few more months for the CES and future announcements of all the next gen phones. I'm resolved to wait and it's now a matter of principle that I will not buy the GNex. Does anyone else feel the same?

I'm with you, but I have to upgrade. If not the Nexus this week, it will be the Rezound. My OG Droid is just crap right now. Everything on it takes forever to execute. It locks up just trying to get the phone on. I am going to wipe and re-install CM. Hopefully, it will help get me a couple more days.

i actually went through the same thing about a month ago. I ended up getting the ReZound the week it came out. It is a great device. But now my excitement for the G Nex has been renewed and the ReZound sits on my kitchen counter boxed up waiting to be exchanged for the G Nex.

I was in the same boat as your guys with an old, beat up OG. But instead of messing around with the return policy at VZW, I ended up buying a barely used Bionic on Craigslist. I didn't like it at all, so I sold two weeks later (at a profit), and bought a new Droid X from some guy who put in an insurance claim before upgrading to a new device. I'm actually really happy with the X. And it's alot cheaper than buying new and I didn't have to use my "upgrade". And the best part is that there is no need for insurance. Lastly, I figure I can re-sell the X in a month or two after the price of the GNex drops and they work out any kinks. The moral of the story is, don't be afraid to try out used devices if you're in limbo.

Yeah, i haven't really lost interest in the phone. I have however totally lost interest in Verizon!
I have decided that it would be better for me to go without their stupid 2 year contracts. Phones come and go so quickly nowadays that 2 years is rediculous.
And answer a couple of questions for me..........
1.) What kind of company would cause a cooperate store manager and the reps that work there to blatantly lie about an upcoming phone. No idea it exists and no idea of a release date. "Never heard of it". And that was last week !!!! (Note: I do not blame those folks too much....VZW is telling them this crap and their jobs are on the line!)

2.) Do you think VZW has botched this phones release? Do you really think they care about their customers seeings how they have said absolutely NOTHING?

End of my rant..............

BTW...................the phone is now a couple of months old........the rest of the world has been using it for awhile now. Why buy this phone when you know something "better" is just around the corner?

NEWEGG is selling the GSM version now.................where i live and work, ATT has actually got better service and speeds than VZW.............oh well

And answer a couple of questions for me..........
1.) What kind of company would cause a cooperate store manager and the reps that work there to blatantly lie about an upcoming phone. No idea it exists and no idea of a release date. "Never heard of it". And that was last week !!!! (Note: I do not blame those folks too much....VZW is telling them this crap and their jobs are on the line!)

2.) Do you think VZW has botched this phones release? Do you really think they care about their customers seeings how they have said absolutely NOTHING?

1. I'm not sure if i understand that question. What kind of company WOULD allow its employees to talk about a product that hasn't been released? Would you rather the employees tell you they know nothing about it or would you rather every employee tell you something different about the phone and only half of it be true?

2. I understand your frustration but the bottom line is we the consumers will never know the full story on why this release has happened the way it has. It could be Google, VZW , a combo of the two or something totally different affecting it. I honestly don't think you can put ALL of the blame on VZW.

In the android world a better device will always come out in a month or two. Better to get something you want and be done. The G Nex will do that for me. Verizon might have blundered this release but they are not losing money or sleep over it, I'm sure. Most folks that want the G Nex are probably already Verizon android customers. Most will just get another android phone on the Verizon network. Many are not gonna switch from elsewhere and lose unlimited just to get the G Nex. Remember, AT&T didn't lose the mass of customers as expected when iPhone went to Verizon.

Back
Top Bottom