• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Want more sleep? Get an iPhone!

Makes me wonder where the iPhone is pulling their time information from. If the phone sync's with the carrier and the carrier is local and the alarm app uses the phone's time, how is it still an hour off?

Also, DST ended Oct 31st in Europe, ends Nov 7th in the U.S. and Standard time goes into effect with the clocks being set BACK an hour, this would effectively have unadjusted clocks one hour ahead. That should put them at work an hour early. I'm confused.

Daylight Saving Time and Daylight Saving Time map for countries and territories 2010

Upvote 0
Makes me wonder where the iPhone is pulling their time information from. If the phone sync's with the carrier and the carrier is local and the alarm app uses the phone's time, how is it still an hour off?

Also, DST ended Oct 31st in Europe, ends Nov 7th in the U.S. and Standard time goes into effect with the clocks being set BACK an hour, this would effectively have unadjusted clocks one hour ahead. That should put them at work an hour early. I'm confused.

Daylight Saving Time and Daylight Saving Time map for countries and territories 2010

yes.. you are confused..my friend.
me too... we must be missing something...

Upvote 0

Yes, didn't make much sense to me either. :thinking:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones