• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Want to install an ruu

aviotron

Lurker
Recently updated my one s (s3 ver) to jellybean via ota update but want to revert back to ics.

I have downloaded an ruu with matching radio number but hboot ver is older

Should i run the ruu directly on pc while connecting phone in fastboot mode?

My device is bootloader locked and s-on.

I don't think you can unless you are s-off.

It will not work if your radio or hboot are a higher version than in the RUU

These folks are correct, you would have to go through the s-off process in order to be able do this. Unfortunately, as far as I remember there isn't a way to do that on the phones that have the S3 processor. So unless something has changed since I read up on it (which has been a couple months) you can't get s-off and thus can't run the RUU for an earlier hboot.

So in essence you are stuck with the update that you don't like. :(

I just saw another general HTC SOFF method pop up last week I think.

I alerted the LTEVO folks but not sure if it was ever confirmed for them

Firewater I believe it was called

I just saw another general HTC SOFF method pop up last week I think.

I alerted the LTEVO folks but not sure if it was ever confirmed for them

Firewater I believe it was called

I will read up a bit here and see what I come across, but as far as I know none of the methods that work for the S4 processor work for the S3.

Apparently rumrunner works for the S3. http://rumrunner.us/ So you could use that and be able to run a RUU for an earlier hboot.

Here is the xda thread if you want to read it. Easy way to s-off!!! - xda-developers

I haven't done that process, so I can't be of much help with any specifics, but ti may help you achieve what you want. :)

Definitely a happier conclusion than what I thought initially.

Well if it makes you feel any better, I have a current ROM/Software version HTC One S from T-Mobile. I cannot S-OFF it with any tool. I'm not even sure it's possible anymore since someone else is having the exact same problem.

Back
Top Bottom