• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Want to Root Device

Jashe

Aug 21, 2011
Hello,
I want to root my samsung galaxy ace.
I know I have to have a Root.zip on my sd card. I have to reboot my phone using home and power button and applying the root from that. But I want to know

• The Purpose of the Rooting
  • Can I have Flash Player Working on my Ace
  • Will I loose any apps
  • Will this Void my Warrenty. If it does, if i Unroot it, will the warrenty come back again and how to I unroot.
Will I be able to access all the files, remove installed apps like Shazam and Allshare and move all apps to SD Card.

Thanks
Jashen

PS, could you give me a good link for the Files

All your questions are answered in the second thread of the forum, called " Sticky: Samsung Galaxy Ace: All Things Root Guide".

But to reply to your first post:

- Root your phone if you feel you need to add capabilities that you think it currently lacks. DO NOT do it just because everyone else seems to be. For example, in order to install scripts that let you move all apps to SD card, some methods require that your phone be rooted.

- Some people seem to have got Flash player to work. Check related threads with "Flash Player working" as topics.

- Make a backup and then root your phone. There are no guarantees.

- Yes, your warranty will be void in case your phone encounters problems after it is rooted. If you unroot it, it'll be back to the original state and you should be able to give it to Samsung for repair under warranty if you want to.

- That is a different process. Check the appropriate threads.

General advice: Read. There some extremely detailed and descriptive guides about what rooting is, the consequences, etc in the forum. Since you got to the part where you transfer the zip file to your SD card, you must've explored quite a bit anyway. EVERYTHING is explained in the root guide.

I used the root guide here for my Ace, which has 2.3.4 and it worked perfectly.

Cheers!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones