• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root want to stay up to date

IBNMUDN

First off I will say everyone on the forum that has post on any of my threads, ya'll are pure genius. So I have finally got my phone rooted. I am now looking to use a custom rom. I would like to find out how to do this and how to get the latest 4.2 update. I also would like the best of the best as far as performance and battery life. I know all you guys and gals on here put in an extreme amount of time and research about these topics so thats why I came here. Any help on this topic or any opinions would be helpful.

Thanks a million.

use this info as a basis for flashing roms: http://androidforums.com/rezound-all-things-root/587430-s-want-flash-roms-read.html

-always make a backup of a good running rom
-always wipe cache/dalvik cache/data,factory reset when installing a new rom

i personally run unofficial cm10.1 on my rezound,but its not the most battery efficient yet,as its still young as development goes. hopefully some others will give you some feedback on their rom of choice.

if not,just look thru them on xda and try a few out. good thing about a backup is that you can always come back and pick up where you left off :)

use this info as a basis for flashing roms: http://androidforums.com/rezound-all-things-root/587430-s-want-flash-roms-read.html

-always make a backup of a good running rom
-always wipe cache/dalvik cache/data,factory reset when installing a new rom

i personally run unofficial cm10.1 on my rezound,but its not the most battery efficient yet,as its still young as development goes. hopefully some others will give you some feedback on their rom of choice.

if not,just look thru them on xda and try a few out. good thing about a backup is that you can always come back and pick up where you left off :)

Hi scotty, long time no talk :) Just wanna know more about your experience with the unofficial CM10.1... I'm about to install this, but since you mentioned the battery life, not sure now.

How long do you think you're going on it? Are you on the stock battery or extended? I'm on the Mugen 1900 slim extended battery. & how about the sound? Is it any good? Any enhancements like EQs to enhance sound?

Welp, that's a disappointment to hear :/ I'm currently on newt's ROM (d/l over on mikmik forums since he's not active anymore on xda) & so far it's been great. Camera issues though, but the sound is awesome.

Thanks in advance!

not real sure about the sound enhancements,i havent looked at that. overall,this rom works well. bout everything works,including BT. its maybe just a tiny bit sluggish sometimes,but im so sick of sense its quite tolerable ;)

in all fairness im pretty hard on my phone,push email and all kinds of stuff syncing,plus i pester it constantly,and talk 2-3 hours a day.

the screenshot is pretty typical of what i get... wich is maybe an hour or so less than thinned out,desensed stock? i cant make it thru the day on anything,lol. my batteries are worn out amazon replacements.

Screenshot_2013-04-03-14-50-13_zps7b7fc506.png

not real sure about the sound enhancements,i havent looked at that. overall,this rom works well. bout everything works,including BT. its maybe just a tiny bit sluggish sometimes,but im so sick of sense its quite tolerable ;)

in all fairness im pretty hard on my phone,push email and all kinds of stuff syncing,plus i pester it constantly,and talk 2-3 hours a day.

the screenshot is pretty typical of what i get... wich is maybe an hour or so less than thinned out,desensed stock? i cant make it thru the day on anything,lol. my batteries are worn out amazon replacement.

I'm on CM10.1 now & I gotta say IT IS AWESOME! My battery life lasts longer than on newt's latest (I'm still waiting for his newer release) both on the mugen1900 + the orig. battery. Although I gotta admit, the sound isn't as loud, but the DSP Eq makes up for it. I'm also digging the fact that I get to try all the kickass themes for CM10+ :)

I really love this ROM!

Back
Top Bottom