• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

WANTED! An Easy SMS Delete program

tiredhiker

Its nice that Google Mail now has a box where you can check and then delete that mail but what about SMS / Text mesasages? It takes me a LONG time to press down on each message then scroll through the list this I find "Delete this message" then to do it all over again 50 plus times to clean my Text messages up. Is there a SMS program that makes it easy to delete many messages?

Its nice that Google Mail now has a box where you can check and then delete that mail but what about SMS / Text mesasages? It takes me a LONG time to press down on each message then scroll through the list this I find "Delete this message" then to do it all over again 50 plus times to clean my Text messages up. Is there a SMS program that makes it easy to delete many messages?

You can delete all the Messages in a Contact thread by long-pressing the listing .... The more msgs in the thread the longer it will take to delete .... I usually will backup and then delete msg threads when the msg count in a thread reachs 700 ...

I do not want to delete the whole thread as I need to keep the messages with important info. We do so many SMS's that just say OK or YES. It takes me over 1/2 hour to clean my Text Messages, thats too long... Can the next SMS program just give us a box to check so we can delete just those messages.. just like Gmail is now doing... I am shocked that the check box is not there in the google sms program that comes on the phone. Its a No Brainer!

I do not want to delete the whole thread as I need to keep the messages with important info. We do so many SMS's that just say OK or YES. It takes me over 1/2 hour to clean my Text Messages, thats too long... Can the next SMS program just give us a box to check so we can delete just those messages.. just like Gmail is now doing... I am shocked that the check box is not there in the google sms program that comes on the phone. Its a No Brainer!

Then just delete the ones you dont want as you go along ...

If I SMS a question ... the answer of yes or no is important.. not something i would consider deleting ... but to each his own ...

I personally backup my msgs and then remove them from the phone ... that way they are ALL available in the event I need them ...

Download Handscent SMS. It has a feature called "batch mode". It allows you to do the same check and delete multiple convos as you can in gmail. It's also more customizable than the default messaging or chompsms. It's free too so that's always a plus

I will try again as I did download it last week but could not find the check boxes for individual post. Only the whole threads.Thanks

OK, Found one called SMS TRAY. It does it but it shows Sms posts as an INBOX and a SENT BOX instead of opening up a thread. So you will have to remember the past a bit but I can live with that till a better one come out. Google / Devs please note... We need an easy way to clean out our SMS's

Back
Top Bottom