• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Warm Two Point Two force close issue (gapps)

Hemlock

I flashed warm 2.2 a few weeks ago, had several problems at first, but I have worked through most of them. The ROM is running well, other than the fact that I get force closes of a .gapps application (and sometimes my phone or phonebook). Not sure exactly what it is, but wondered if anyone else had this issue and what they might have done to fix it.

BTW, my battery life still sucks on this ROM. I've tried several kernels and other fixes, but I've learned to live with it. The poor battery life is not enough for me to switch ROMs (YET).

Thanks for any help

1) What are your hboot/radio versions?
2) What version of myn's did you flash?
3) Did you wipe data, cache, and dalvik before flashing it?
4) Did you restore any apps and data, and if so, how?

1)I'm using the Ubuntu #11 kernel now, PRI = 1.90_033 (I did flash the combo radio pack before the ROM)
2)I have Myn's RLS 5
3)Wiped all three before flashing
4)restored a few apps using titanium backup

Can you give me a little more information on the kernel? Did you flash a different one? If you go to menu->settings->about phone->software information. What does it say for your kernel. And since you're there, can you verify you have the latest radio? What version does it say? Have you tried reflashing the ROM?

I would reflash and not run the backup but install everything fresh. That usually fixes most problems.

Of course, wipe all device/data/cahe/dalvik before reflashing.

One thing you can try first is to run fix permission settings (it's called something like that) in Rom Manager. See if that works first.

Back
Top Bottom