• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Watch out for Samsung Multimedia Dock

I just want to pass along a warning about the Samsung Galaxy Multimedia Multimedia Desktop Charging Dock for Samsung Galaxy Phones. I bought 2 of them in March of this year to use with 2 Samsung Note 2 phones. I got them from Amazon through a vendor called Accessories Galore for $27.99 apiece. Neither included a power cord, so we used our power cords from our phones. Within a month, one of the docks stopped charging. Samsung did a warranty exchange even though we could not provide them with the power cord with they asked for it. That dock continues to function normally since then.

The second literally fell apart a couple of weeks ago. I was just able to get that dock back to Samsung, and they are now refusing to do a warranty exchange because I can't provide them with the power cable. Amazon, bless their hearts, has saved me. Even though the order is 4 months old, they are refunding me the cost of the dock and have sent me a shipping label to return the old dock to them when it comes back from Samsung.

To say I'm disappointed in Samsung is a major understatement. I LOVE their products. That their accessory is so poorly made is a big surprise. That their technical support people, even up to supervisor level because I escalated my concern, treated me this way is an even bigger surprise. I will not be replacing this dock with the same accessory. It's just not worth the hassle.

This is a black eye for Samsung in my opinion, and a huge kudo for Amazon.

Back