• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

We should start posting on sprint facebook page to ask for release date

I think its funny when you think a corporation can't have a 20 year old posting responses on Twitter or Facebook. Someone on a lower tier is highly likely to monitor Facebook and Twitter. Who do you think are flying multimillion dollar planes and running the National Security Agency in the US to hunt down terrorists? It's lower level individuals, if not those in the military. Gesh, doesn't take rocket science to post on Facebook or Twitter by someone in a corporation. Hell, it could be Sprints IT department responding and apparently nobody at higher levels is paying attention if employees are making smart ass remarks on those forums.

Okay let me ask you this, if such a low tier person is managing Twitter and/or Facebook. Why is the HTC CEO making comments on Facebook then? Also, where did the age assumption come from? Being a lower tier employee has no correlation to age. I'm not sure what the NSA has to do with corporate response to their consumers :thinking:

I'm not sure that the people that manage the Facebook account are necessarily low level. It isn't in the interest of the company to have lower tier employees commenting on behalf of the company unless they are in charge of public affairs.

Upvote 0
I tried Facebook for a day - got the heck out.

In this case, I used Jackietreehorn's link, above, and it kinda sorta looks like a long forum thread.

I read the comments. The users themselves range from normal to flaming dolts.

But ignoring the blathering, and just looking for 3vo release questions - eventually, you find this Sprint avatar with a guy signing his name Nicolaus (spelling?). He's got nothing positive to say. "Hey don't spam for the answer, it's all good." "Gee, what a new idea, ask for the Evo 3D release date."

Pure snark and sarcasm was all I saw.

In the time it took to mouth off and with a whole lot less effort, he could've simply pasted some standard corporate answer.

What's wrong with repeating it, even if it is a stock answer?

How many times do I care when someone asks how to get to swype? I just answer the question.

Why do people repeat the questions, how to use swype and when will the Evo 3D be released? Because they don't know.

Hey Sprint - try the polite answer - and repeating it won't kill you.

Yeah, I tried looking through their threads for a while but didn't see anyone official looking. Then again, it kept asking me to sign in but I have no Facebook.

If anything, they should not respond to questions in lieu of giving any kind of remotely negative comment.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones