• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Weather & Toggle widget

2horses

Android Enthusiast
I just downloaded this, and really like the sense-like look, but can't find where and how to choose a different skin for the flip clock and calendar widget? Default is nice, but I'd like to tweak it just a tad, and it says it's skinnable - I just haven't figured out how. Any help would be appreciated!

ETA - well, as usual, as soon as I posted I went back and played with it some more, and it looks like you have to configure it as an app, then install the widget. Correct?

Okay, for anyone looking for a true sense-like clock and weather widget, this is it. I downloaded and installed the two H7C skins, and put it next to my Hero, and there is virtually no difference between the two looks. Verrah nice.

This is an excellent app. There are a ton of customization options. I really like the ability to make the background totally disappear on the clock. There are also various sizes to this app some with and without the clock.

Well, it looks purty, but right now it is reporting my current temp as 77 - which would be nice, except it's over 90 outside.... no good if it doesn't work right. I'm checking threads now to see if this is a known bug with this app.

Resurrecting this one - since I've been upgraded to whatever the newest version of the OS is (system version 4.5.605, Android version 2.3.3), this app is very laggy catching up with the correct time, and it also no longer knows my city, just reports it as "current location." Anyone else having problems with it?

Actually, the whole damn phone just kinda sucks since the upgrade - everything is laggy!

Drag it off your screen and re-add it and you'll have easy access to the settings again.

It takes a day or two for things to settle down after an update.

A factory reset often fixes problems after an update, but you'd have to set up your phone again.

Yeah, I've done that (remove and put back) a couple of times and my upgrade was pushed out three or four weeks ago. I just noticed the H7C skins are no longer available on the market, wonder if that has anything to with it? As in not supported or updated any longer.

So, exactly what version am I running? Is it the fabled Gingerbread?

That's like asking me, "what am I wearing"... :D

That 10 cents I spent on an online psychic classes, just haven't paid off.

If you just updated, I would think you're running GB, .605. You'd have to go to settings... about phone to check.

Well, while I like the new look and most of the new functionality, I sure don't like how my phone behaves now. So, so slow and laggy. Any advice on how to get it to perform better?

That is Not the answer I wanted, I have it juuuust right and I don't wanna redo it! May have to though, to keep from throwing it out the window. In which case I'll need to redo everything anyway on a new one!

Rats.

And if I go through all that and it STILL doesn't work right, then I'll really be po'd. May as well just stay mad, it keeps the bf on his toes....

Root it, back it up in recovery and Titanium Backup, then Factory Restore it and see where you're at. If you haven't gained anything, restore your recovery backup.

I find it helps to have screen shots too so you know what goes where.

If you find it works better, use Titanium to restore just your apps.

Back
Top Bottom