• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Web pages no video play

Wolvie66

Certain website will not play videos? Is there a reason for this?
I know my Galaxy S3 I had to download Flash player on it. but cannot install it on my note 2.

Any help please
Thanks
Wolvie

even with flash installed there are still some sites that i can't play videos from
Foxnews is one of them. CNN works fine if played through the video player, if I choose "internet" it will download the video and then I can play it, but Fox Videos will not play by either means.

even with flash installed there are still some sites that i can't play videos from
Foxnews is one of them. CNN works fine if played through the video player, if I choose "internet" it will download the video and then I can play it, but Fox Videos will not play by either means.

Make sure you are viewing the website in 'desktop view' (you can check by pressing the menu button when on the site, the 'desktop view' checkbox should be ticked) and not mobile view.

I had the same problem as you, but then realised I was viewing the site in mobile view. Once I changed it, I was able to play the Flash videos via my browser as you normally would expect to.

Make sure you are viewing the website in 'desktop view' (you can check by pressing the menu button when on the site, the 'desktop view' checkbox should be ticked) and not mobile view.

I had the same problem as you, but then realised I was viewing the site in mobile view. Once I changed it, I was able to play the Flash videos via my browser as you normally would expect to.
Thanks, that helps.
With desktop view checked on Foxnews.com when I click to view a video if I choose video player the video streams just fine.

If I click "internet" then the video is downloaded, and I can play it later.

Back
Top Bottom